Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
If this is true then Apple will for sure be doing one phone that covers both low and high end. No iPhone 4 as a low end model. They will use this one.

By the way, I think that it will be called an iPhone 5 no matter what. I don't think Apple will say "Here is our new A5 chip, new iOS 5, and new 5th generation iPhone called the iPhone 4S."

That's why, when I saw the sticker picture of 4S and its Model # and IMEI/MEID #, I saw it as even more confirmation that there will be a separate iPhone 5. Why would you not call your 5th generation model that houses an A5 chip and runs iOS 5 the IPhone 5?

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
YES we all know what this low key means! No iPhone5 :mad:

whatever, im not mad because they arent releasing an iphone5 this year im mad cuz they released this new phone LATE! and yet have not made any major improvements. If 4G is not available for this iPhone type, i don't know what ill do :(

Internal changes are major! A5 chip is more robust than the best android phone out so far. iPhone 4 has the best camera performance. We are hearing 8 megapixel for the next iPhone. Siri/Nuance integration may happen: this is huge. Also hearing more RAM, too. A total redesign is more of a fashion statement or bragging rights. I suspect the screen is bigger.

I also think a tear drop design implies LTE. LTE will be on the thicker side of the phone. Like some of those LTE android phones have the bump. Lte would be cool but not practical in areas I live.

bLink-404

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
That's why, when I saw the sticker picture of 4S and its Model # and IMEI/MEID #, I saw it as even more confirmation that there will be a separate iPhone 5. Why would you not call your 5th generation model that houses an A5 chip and runs iOS 5 the IPhone 5?

Exactly. In fact, the MEID number proves that the main reason they're not using the iPhone 4 as "last year's phone" is that they're trying to accommodate the world market by making it a world phone.

Internal changes are major! A5 chip is more robust than the best android phone out so far.

True that – I'd take a 3GS over a 3G any day (which I did). In fact, the major speed bump made me very content with the upgrade.

LivingLarge

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
64gb would be great, but i could get by on 32gb, especially with iCloud being in the mix as well. Cant wait for next week, to finally find out :)

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Does anyone believe any of these stories anymore? Apple has created the greatest disinformation campaign in the past 20 years. The rumors are all over the map. We have seen confirmed stories that are polar opposites of each other.

How about a moratorium on speculation until after the announcement? I love rumors, but it is clear the information flow is being manipulated. Kudos to Apple, I doubt anyone believes any rumors any more.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
One new iPhone. iPhone 4S design model. The cases are a distraction. based on what I've heard.

arn

If the cases really are a distraction by Apple, I don't know if this strategy is so good ... Get the hopes high for a redesign that won't happen?

EDIT: Abyssgh0st beat me with this thought.

Last edited:

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
YAY finally a 64Gb iPhone!!! I have a massive music library would be nice to get it all on :)

A library that qualifies as "massive" will fit on a 64GB iPhone? Even when accounting for automatic down-sampling as part of the sync over to the iPhone, 64GB is not enough space for a particularly large amount of music.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
YES we all know what this low key means! No iPhone5 :mad:

whatever, im not mad because they arent releasing an iphone5 this year im mad cuz they released this new phone LATE! and yet have not made any major improvements. If 4G is not available for this iPhone type, i don't know what ill do :(

app_full_proxy.php

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
16gb is more than enough for me.... and I use my iPhone A LOT!!!

I understand some people may need more space... not me.

However, I also think there are many people who Think they need more space.

I plan to get a jailbreak tweak that automatically deletes songs after they are played, so iTunes match will basically be completely streaming

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
as much as i want a redesign....i dont know what to believe anymore..

i used to think that there was no way the case would not be redesigned after they waited this long...but then the rumours about 4G and HSPA+ came out and got me thinking that it is for that reason the iPhone5 is delayed.

whatever happens on Tuesday, I will be buying one...just a bit disappointed that it's the same design

Koura

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
The Hague
iCloud = no need for huge capacity iPhone.

if anything it'll be a 8gb model aimed at iCloud savvy users.

Nuvi

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2008
Doubt 64 would be an option now that cloud will be intro'd.

Sure they will introduce 64GB version. iCloud=no direct profit for Apple but 64GB means millions. Actually, 64GB would be a good reason for me to upgrade.

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I plan to get a jailbreak tweak that automatically deletes songs after they are played, so iTunes match will basically be completely streaming

Certainly, you've taken into account the fact that Apple is quite likely to preclude jailbroken iOS devices from utilizing some (or, perhaps, all) of the features of iCloud, yes?

starvingartist8

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
as much as i want a redesign....i dont know what to believe anymore..

i used to think that there was no way the case would not be redesigned after they waited this long...but then the rumours about 4G and HSPA+ came out and got me thinking that it is for that reason the iPhone5 is delayed.

whatever happens on Tuesday, I will be buying one...just a bit disappointed that it's the same design

It is a rumour... you shouldn't make a judgement until the official announcement

----------

Does anyone believe any of these stories anymore? Apple has created the greatest disinformation campaign in the past 20 years. The rumors are all over the map. We have seen confirmed stories that are polar opposites of each other.

How about a moratorium on speculation until after the announcement? I love rumors, but it is clear the information flow is being manipulated. Kudos to Apple, I doubt anyone believes any rumors any more.

I agree, too many people complaining to Apple over stupid rumours started by probably trolls. Those people need to grow some cells imo

teme

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
iCloud = no need for huge capacity iPhone.

if anything it'll be a 8gb model aimed at iCloud savvy users.

I don't get this idea. In my opinion, iCloud is definitely not meant to be streaming cloud service, it's all about syncing content between various devices. How is it going to remove the need for local capacity? You need to save the stuff from iCloud locally before using it.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
Certainly, you've taken into account the fact that Apple is quite likely to preclude jailbroken iOS devices from utilizing some (or, perhaps, all) of the features of iCloud, yes?

jailbroken devices today use app store, mobile me, iTunes store, find my iPhone, etc.

I have been using iOS 5 beta, and all "iCloud" features work great on my jailbroken iPhone 4.

Apple will not preclude jailbroken devices from using iCloud

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Im only gonna upgrade from my 32GB 3GS if there is a 64GB version...

*waves care flag*

If the 4S is supposed to be 'lesser' phone to the 5, there is no way it would come in 3 size variants- this is definitely troubling for those of us hoping for a redesigned iPhone 5.

I know... I'm starting to bite my nails here. Hopefully this isn't what they meant by "different iPhone models" -_-

usman93

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
Torrance CA
I don't get this idea. In my opinion, iCloud is definitely not meant to be streaming cloud service, it's all about syncing content between various devices. How is it going to remove the need for local capacity? You need to save the stuff from iCloud locally before using it.

icloud is a service which i believe you have to pay for, and what it does is that it allows you to stream your music playlist online so it doesnt take up your iphone's capacity. Lol though it does a lot more then that :cool:

lookin foward to the iphone what ever its going to look like :apple:

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England

Agreed. Cloud should make it easier to manage your content on the move, since you won't need to be near your computer to sync it, but I don't think that removes the demand for high capacity devices; and Apple still wants your money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.