Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
And thank God it's a widespread thing, I thought it might have been a problem with my account, because my friend with MobileMe was completely fine.

live4mark

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
New York City
It is now nearly 12 noon on Friday in NYC and my MobileMe account still is down. I called Apple and they advised me that the server still is down and that they expect it to be up and running soon. We will see.

The server has been down, at least for my service, since late last night, which is rather inconvenient for my needs. Here's hoping that they resolve this issue ASAP.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
Yep.

I decided that my Mail was on the fritz about 10 PM Mountain time last night. By about midnight, I was getting the password/account not recognized message.

This morning a few emails trickled through and I no longer got the message about the account/password being unrecognized.

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I highly doubt that this is in any way connected but the online system of Bank of America has been down for at least 3 hours now also. Two very high volume systems that are offline....who knows though.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Related or not, I can’t say, but the iTunes app review submission system has been down or glitchy for me during the last day or so, on and off.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
I highly doubt that this is in any way connected but the online system of Bank of America has been down for at least 3 hours now also. Two very high volume systems that are offline....who knows though.

Too many people cancelling their BoA accounts due to debit card nonsense.

craig45

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
But wasn't it nice not being bothered by pesky emails? Although I did worry that something happened to my Mac until I saw MobileMe was having troubles.

EvilEvil

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
New York City
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is why I use google to synch everything.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

How odd, lots of banks over here in the UK went offline last night, it was chaos in the stores.

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
Related or not, I can’t say, but the iTunes app review submission system has been down or glitchy for me during the last day or so, on and off.

I noticed that I could not submit reviews within App Store on the iPad, but I could submit reviews in iTunes on my MBP.

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
How odd, lots of banks over here in the UK went offline last night, it was chaos in the stores.

Not exactly sure why no tech site or news organization didn't pick up on the widespread outage of wither the banks or MM. But BofA didn't come back online for over 14 hours. It took until almost early this morning before I could fully access my account.

C

champ01

I'm missing emails to.

Having emails missing is a BIG issue and needs to be fixed asap!

Blakeco123

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Hopefully for iCloud they won't even need a "System Status" widget on there website.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
"Due to high demand, we are temporarily limiting the number of users moving from MobileMe to iCloud. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I hate Apple.
MobileMe members have been paying for a service. Some of us almost 10 years. Then Apple have the genius idea of making it free. Do they let mobileme members migrate first? No. JobBlow gets it cloud working. Paying members can't not.

I migrated to iCloud yesterday (with my families stuff).

Nothing works now. Password rejected.
I can log into iCloud on the web, so the password is correct. Apple are so incompetent that they can't manage to propagate the password over all its servers. How hard is it with Rsync?

The Rumor that Apple is dumping Sun/Oracle servers for HP and Microsoft cloud may be true. This will never work then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.