Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hi my cursor seems to have its own mind and running around the screen and i cant seem to control it...pls help :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
On what exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version with what exact pointing device and what kind of surface for that pointing device (if the pointing device is a mouse) does that happen?
Do you maybe have screen sharing activated and have someone with a Mac on your network?

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006
Hi my cursor seems to have its own mind and running around the screen and i cant seem to control it...pls help :)

Are you using a trackpad?

Does it only occur while your fingers are interacting with the trackpad?

This occurs if two fingers touch the trackpad in close succession at different locations on the trackpad.

Essentially, the trackpad is processing the input like a single finger swept across the trackpad instead of processing two independent inputs.

Naina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
cursor moving around on screen

Are you using a trackpad?

Does it only occur while your fingers are interacting with the trackpad?

This occurs if two fingers touch the trackpad in close succession at different locations on the trackpad.

Essentially, the trackpad is processing the input like a single finger swept across the trackpad instead of processing two independent inputs.

Hi actually , the cursor is moving by itself on the screen, yes i am using the trackpad, its strange...

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006
Hi actually , the cursor is moving by itself on the screen, yes i am using the trackpad, its strange...

Open bluetooth preferences and see if any devices are paired with your computer.

If yes, delete the device from the list if it is not used.

Also, turn off "discoverable" if you aren't using any devices and after you pair any devices with your Mac.

Naina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Open bluetooth preferences and see if any devices are paired with your computer.

If yes, delete the device from the list if it is not used.

Also, turn off "discoverable" if you aren't using any devices and after you pair any devices with your Mac.

Hi thank you for helping.. i have turned off ' discoverable' but i can see it says Yes next to 'pair' ... the cursor still not behaving :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.