Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pulsedriver81

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2011
Sweden
iPhone 5

I believe There has to be a redesign even though the rumors says otherwise.
So...iPhone 5 here I come!

I still believe There Will be an iPhone 4S aswell!

These are my thoughts:

One thing I Will be very mad at if Apple chooses to release only an iPhone 4S, is as an 3GS owner I Will never be "wowed"...I Will always recieve the "S" update of a product that has existed on the market for at least a year. I am saying this because here in Sweden you usually sign contracts for atleast 18 months but more probably 24 months ( as I am)...

So...If they continue with this cycle I Will always be the S owner that has never been "wowed" like the 3G or IP4 owners...
I know Apple doesn't care and they shouldn't...

They should care about the competition...There is a reason why There are expectations of a redesign, bigger screen etc... the market has changed...

The upgrade from 3G to 3GS was an update that made a phone barely usable to beeing very usable. The "user experience" was a 5 star compared to the 3G. People these days don't care if the "new" phone starts 2 sec faster or a game loads 3 sec faster as long as its fast enough ( as it is now with IP4).

According to some polls and researches online you Will Find that most users want a bigger screen! About the redesign...Think about it...Have you Ever bought a phone in the past that looked exactly the same as the one you had for the last 2 years? I don't think so...

The design of the phone is part of the user experience, it is part of what is different from the phone you had before...
Of course the software should change as it is today, but My point is that Apple shouldn't forget the looks, because we all know it gives the first impression to people.

Still crossing My fingers for a redesign....

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
I've a proud reputation of always getting predictions wrong, so I think everyone will be happy for me to say that there'll be no revealing of the iP5 tomorrow.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Here are my predictions (which will 100% come true):

- Apple will release a new iPhone tomorrow. It will not be a major redesign.

- It will have a pretty decent specs boost - A5 Dual Core chip, more RAM, better GFX, 8MP camera and all that good jazz.

- It will feature advanced voice-input capabilities called 'Assistant'.

- It will come with iOS5 and iCloud will be launched as it ships.

- As soon as the event is over, there will be millions of comment on every tech blog and forums (including this one) about how the event and the new iPhone sucks.

- There will be comments such as "Apple is finished!" "Tim Cook sucked!" "I'm NOT buying the new iPhone!" "Complete Fail!".

- AAPL will go down. Down down down.

- The new iPhone will release and it will get good reviews everywhere.

- People start receiving their new iPhones and realize how good it is, and that the iPhone didn't need a redesign in the first place to stay the best smartphone.

- Together with the innovations of iCloud and iOS5, everyone on the forums who claimed they hate it will realize how good it is and buy one. Nothing but praise in the posts on here and tech blogs.

- AAPL goes back up.

- Idiotic Android fanboys will be the only people flaming this amazing phone, and will go ahead and buy the Nexus Prime (and its 4.65" display), only to pretend they can actually reach the Notifications Bar on top with their thumbs.

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Only a 4s. Keynote will play up IOS5. A magical feature will be revealed. Fans will eat it up, and all will be forgiven.:D

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
The iPhone 4S will dock into a iPad-sized device with large Wifi and phone antennae, a large battery and a screen that is driven by the new iPhone and -presto- there's your big display. When not driven by an iPhone, the thunderbolt port on the iPad docking device allows it to be used as an ancillary touch screen/virtual keyboard & icon board attached to a Mac.

Makes sense to me.

Remember, you heard it here first.

mo0620

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I think it will be just an 8gb iPhone 4 that will take the place of the 8gb iPhone 3GS, and an iPhone 5 as the flagship phone.

It will be this simple!

iDannyxD

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
The awkward moment when they won't even release an iPhone tomorrow,just updates on how the iPhone 4 is doing and how iOS 5 is going to be so revolutionary! hehe! :D

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201

- It will have a pretty decent specs boost - A5 Dual Core chip, more RAM, better GFX, 8MP camera and all that good jazz.

- As soon as the event is over, there will be millions of comment on every tech blog and forums (including this one) about how the event and the new iPhone sucks.

- There will be comments such as "Apple is finished!" "Tim Cook sucked!" "I'm NOT buying the new iPhone!" "Complete Fail!".

- People start receiving their new iPhones and realize how good it is, and that the iPhone didn't need a redesign in the first place to stay the best smartphone.

- Together with the innovations of iCloud and iOS5, everyone on the forums who claimed they hate it will realize how good it is and buy one. Nothing but praise in the posts on here and tech blogs.

- AAPL goes back up.

- Idiotic Android fanboys will be the only people flaming this amazing phone, and will go ahead and buy the Nexus Prime (and its 4.65" display), only to pretend they can actually reach the Notifications Bar on top with their thumbs.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I predict allot of unhappy people here and on other tech forums when all we are getting is a spec bumped 4S, and in fact all the rumors regarding a redesigned i5 is saved for a release next year.

Don't get me wrong, I along with many others would love to see a whole new iPhone unveiled tomorrow, but unfortunately I have a strong feeling that won't be the case.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA

- AAPL goes back up.

Bravo! Bravo!

Duckit

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
NJ, USA
I think there will be an iPhone 5 that has a little bit of a different look but not drastic. I still don't believe Apple could release a 4s with the new CEO Tim Cook, and after waiting soooo long.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I stake my reputation, my families reputation, and my family name, that there will be a redesigned 5.

I keep telling people that there has to be. I speak the language Apple speaks and I know them. People won't listen though.

Youll see. You'll all see. Tomorrow they will announce it dramatically and all of you doubters will think in your mind... "O yea yeah, Bobby IS the best..."

If for some reason I am wrong, I will be less cocky... But if I am right whilst everyone else is saying 4S, I will be more arrogant than ever... Riding high off the street cred for the rest of the iPhone release cycle...

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
My money is on a redesign. If there isn't one, however, I hope they call the new phone the iPhone 5, not the '4S'. The name "iPhone 3G speed" was lame two years ago and it's lame today.

arkon

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
I stake my reputation, my families reputation, and my family name, that there will be a redesigned 5.

I keep telling people that there has to be. I speak the language Apple speaks and I know them. People won't listen though.

Youll see. You'll all see. Tomorrow they will announce it dramatically and all of you doubters will think in your mind... "O yea yeah, Bobby IS the best..."

If for some reason I am wrong, I will be less cocky... But if I am right whilst everyone else is saying 4S, I will be more arrogant than ever... Riding high off the street cred for the rest of the iPhone release cycle...

Im on this road too!

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
$99 iPhone 4, 8GB
$199 iPhone 4S, 16 GB (same design as i4)
$299 iPhone 4S, 32 GB (same design as i4)

Anonymouslives

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2008
Apple is going to discontinue the iPhone tomorrow and start releasing the original iPod again, 5Gb model, only in white. It's going to have the phrase f--*--*--k you! inscribed on the back and will carry a SRP of $1,299 USD!

The blue palm Treo WILL reign supreme, no... the Nokia 9000!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.