Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Just watched the keynote and from what I understand, the new iPhoto will sync my iCloud photos from my phone. But what if we have multiple iphones in the household? Before we used to sync multiple phones with iPhoto, can we continue to do this with iCloud?

Hookem99

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
KEDC
Just watched the keynote and from what I understand, the new iPhoto will sync my iCloud photos from my phone. But what if we have multiple iphones in the household? Before we used to sync multiple phones with iPhoto, can we continue to do this with iCloud?

The way it works via iCloud is a little different then syncing your Mac. iCloud uses Photo Stream to upload from your iPhone/iPad2 to the cloud and then to your other devices you are signed into your iCloud account with. It keeps the last 30 days in the cloud. Although I never tested the iPhoto 9.2 Betas, I saw no difference in syncing multiple devices to iPhoto manually, so I would doubt there will be any change in that, once iPhoto 9.2 is released.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
The way it works via iCloud is a little different then syncing your Mac. iCloud uses Photo Stream to upload from your iPhone/iPad2 to the cloud and then to your other devices you are signed into your iCloud account with. It keeps the last 30 days in the cloud. Although I never tested the iPhoto 9.2 Betas, I saw no difference in syncing multiple devices to iPhoto manually, so I would doubt there will be any change in that, once iPhoto 9.2 is released.

I understand that syncing manually probably doesn't change but what I'm asking is how do I support photo stream with two iCloud accounts in the household to the same iPhoto.

Hookem99

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
KEDC
I understand that syncing manually probably doesn't change but what I'm asking is how do I support photo stream with two iCloud accounts in the household to the same iPhoto.

TTBOMK, you won't be able to with out having two different user accounts on the Mac. Each user account will need its own iCloud account to photo stream from each phone. Again I never beta tested iPhoto 9.2, but when two iCloud accounts are added to the same user account on the Mac, certain features are disabled on the secondary account.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
TTBOMK, you won't be able to with out having two different user accounts on the Mac. Each user account will need its own iCloud account to photo stream from each phone. Again I never beta tested iPhoto 9.2, but when two iCloud accounts are added to the same user account on the Mac, certain features are disabled on the secondary account.

Do you know this as a fact or just guessing? About the two icloud accounts behaviour.

Hookem99

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
KEDC
Do you know this as a fact or just guessing? About the two icloud accounts behaviour.

I know for fact that right now on both my Mac's with two iCloud accounts added on my user account. Certain features are disabled on my secondary account. However, if you would like me to install iPhoto 9.2b3 on my testing machine and verify it 100% for you, I can do that. I just never got around to installing it.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I know for fact that right now on both my Mac's with two iCloud accounts added on my user account. Certain features are disabled on my secondary account. However, if you would like me to install iPhoto 9.2b3 on my testing machine and verify it 100% for you, I can do that. I just never got around to installing it.

If you could, can you please test it out for me? I would really really really appreciate it as iPhoto is so critical for us as a couple. If only one of us can use photo stream it will be such a pity.

Also while on topic, what other features are disabled for multiple icloud accounts?

Hookem99

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2009
KEDC
My bad, just saw this. So what I said is in fact correct. You'll need two different user accounts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 10.01.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-09 at 10.01.06 PM.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 214

jdec141

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Just set up all your devices under the iCloud account you are using on your iPhoto computer then you can add a secondary iCloud account on each device for email if you want that separate. You can the. Share calendars, reminders, contacts, photo stream, bookmarks (if you want). The things you want independent you just turn on on the secondary account and off on the primary. Hope this helps I was concerned about this too from mobile me but it is working great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.