Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following yesterday's sad news regarding the death of Steve Jobs, AllThingsD reports that Simon & Schuster has bumped up the release of Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of Steve Jobs to October 24th. The book had previously been scheduled to be released on November 21st.

stevejobscovertiteled-500x340.png

The book, which was fully authorized by Steve Jobs and is based on over 40 interviews with Jobs and interviews with over 100 of his friends and family members, was already of strong interest to Apple fans and has seen a massive increase in demand since yesterday, registering as the #1 selling book at Amazon with a sales gain on the order of 40,000% over the past 24 hours.

steve_jobs_amazon.png

The book, which was still being updated in late August to reflect Jobs' resignation as Apple's CEO will include full details on his life. The Wall Street Journal reports that Isaacson last interviewed Jobs four weeks ago, at which time Jobs knew that he would die soon. The final interview will be included as a scene at the end of the book.

Steve Jobs clearly had a significant impact on people around the world, and Isaacson's biography will offer the closest look yet at the popular yet intensely private man. With the cooperation of Jobs, the book may bring some closure for fans, registering as Jobs' final and most personal "one more thing".

Article Link: Authorized Biography of Steve Jobs to Debut October 24th

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Pre-ordered on Amazon, cannot wait for it. :)

This is the one time I recommend a hard copy book over an ebook.

stevenshizzle

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
I'll be picking up the hard copy from Barnes & Noble. I'll probably get there early...just like a product release.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
Wow - that final scene is going to be a gutwrencher. I've pre-ordered mine on the iBook store to read on my iPad as Steve would have wanted. ;)

RIP Steve.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I ordered the hard cover book on amazon in the summer. I don't want this book stored on my kindle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.