Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
What exactly do you mean? Can you elaborate? There are numerous ways to get photos and videos off of an iPhone (iPhoto, email, etc.).

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
See title.

If you have a Mac, Connect your iPhone to it via the USB cable and then on the upper right hand of your screen use the spotlight feature (magnifying glass) and search for "Image Capture". This will let you transfer the photos and videos in their original size to your computer.

ad2435

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2009
Does anyone else think it is silly that itunes cant show pictures sitting on a freaking iphone? :confused::rolleyes::(

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm on a Mac but I don't want to use iPhoto.
blkonblk17, told you how to do it without iPhoto. You can use any camera image downloading app. Image Capture is the native OS X one that works well. Just Spotlight search for "Image Capture." It'll be the first entry.

Does anyone else think it is silly that itunes cant show pictures sitting on a freaking iphone? :confused::rolleyes::(
Why would it? It doesn't show you what pictures you have on your canon/nikon point & shoot does it? Same concept.

OS X and Windows sees the iPhone camera as a camera and not some other device.

ad2435

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2009
>>> Why would it? It doesn't show you what pictures you have on your canon/nikon point & shoot does it? Same concept.

Well itunes doesn't show me what music I have on my iriver mp3 player. So no, it's not the same concept. Nor will it show me music I have stored on my canon/nikon media card. Again not the same concept.

I guess some people including me misunderstand that itunes is a software package that is used to manage "data" on the iphone/ipod/ipad. It only manages some data.

itunes will show me what music is on the phone and let me play it.

itunes will show me what video/movies I have on the iphone and let me play them as long as the videos were not taken by the iphone. To me that is silly.

I believe many people would enjoy being able to have their iphone connected to itunes, look at devices/x iphone/pictures and see what pictures are there just like you can for music, movies, tv shows and books.

It is what it is. No big deal I guess.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
you can always email them 3 at a time.you can use dropbox too though that's one at a time. there is a app that will upload them all to dropbox when you are on wifi.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
If you have a Mac, Connect your iPhone to it via the USB cable and then on the upper right hand of your screen use the spotlight feature (magnifying glass) and search for "Image Capture". This will let you transfer the photos and videos in their original size to your computer.

This

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011

Perfect tip. Thanks.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
on my PC i go to My Computer-> click on iPhone and the photos and videos are there also you can configure the camera wizard to locate the phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.