Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Hello, iTunes-lovers!

Tell me, please, how to change country in this app? I'm listening everything from USA, but i would like to listen music from UK, France.. From the beginning of loading I've written USA, but I would like to jump from the list of radios in USA to the one of UK, for example. I know, it's possible, but how?

Thank you.

Mitou

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Yes and I would like to be able to buy music that I can buy on itune France but they won't let me. Conversely people in France cannot buy music on itune US. That is messed up.
If you know a solution please post it as so many would benefit.
Thanks

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
To Change the country iTunes store click on the flag at the bottom and click on the flag for your country.

After that go buy Apple iTunes Gift Cards from eBay for the relevant country. Then click redeem on that countries store, enter code then set up account using separate email address from US/UK.

After all this you can now buy from the store you want. BTW i have a site that sells code for all apple itunes stores i'm looking for it now.

Northy124

Edit: UK/US/CA/AUS iTunes Gift Cards
Quick Guide:
Step 1 - Purchase a voucher.
Step 2 - Go into the Country of choice store.
Step 3 - Go to "Redeem Voucher" at the bottom of the page. iTunes will then ask you to register or log in, so you will need to register as a new user.
Step 4 - Register as a new user. To do this you need a Country of choice physical address. You can just select a real address at random from any internet directory, such as http://www.yellowpages.com for the Country of choice. The address is not verified by iTunes since you are only redeeming a Voucher.
Step 5 - Redeem your voucher and go shopping!

Still looking for EU ones.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Thats all right. Still looking for EU gift card selling sites if you find any post please.

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
To Change the country iTunes store click on the flag at the bottom and click on the flag for your country.

After that go buy Apple iTunes Gift Cards from eBay for the relevant country. Then click redeem on that countries store, enter code then set up account using separate email address from US/UK.

After all this you can now buy from the store you want. BTW i have a site that sells code for all apple itunes stores i'm looking for it now.

Northy124

Quick Guide:
Step 3 - Go to "Redeem Voucher" at the bottom of the page. iTunes will then ask you to register or log in, so you will need to register as a new user.
Step 4 - Register as a new user. To do this you need a Country of choice physical address. You can just select a real address at random from any internet directory, such as http://www.yellowpages.com for the Country of choice. The address is not verified by iTunes since you are only redeeming a Voucher.

So... To choose other countries, I have to register, yep? Because now I have no flags at the bottom...
BUT! I see no sense in registering if I use iTunes only as a radio. Maybe, are there any ways? :) Does anybody know? :)

vankata871

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
Credit left from iTunes gift card, can't change country??

I bought an iTunes gift card from Austria and then changed the country setting in my account so that i could use it. Now i have only 0,10€ left and it won't let me change back to the UK store until I've used it. Is there anything that cost this much in the store or am I going to need to set up a new account??
Please help!

Lokrado

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Denmark
I bought an iTunes gift card from Austria and then changed the country setting in my account so that i could use it. Now i have only 0,10€ left and it won't let me change back to the UK store until I've used it. Is there anything that cost this much in the store or am I going to need to set up a new account??
Please help!

well your screwed... if you wanna get back to your store without setting up a new account you'll have to get to know someone from austrias credit card so you can use up that last bit of money and a little from their bank....

himanshupant

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
India
status of downloaded apps on changing stores

That document is for the App store only, not iTunes
In case if some one changes store from one country to another ( lets say from UK to US) , downloads some US specific apps onto his iPad and then transfers back to UK , will the US specific app still work or will it be deleted post iPad syncing with iTunes ?

Can we carry out such store movements as many time as we like or is there any way Apple can block the device ??

marc.garcia

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
In case if some one changes store from one country to another ( lets say from UK to US) , downloads some US specific apps onto his iPad and then transfers back to UK , will the US specific app still work or will it be deleted post iPad syncing with iTunes ?

Can we carry out such store movements as many time as we like or is there any way Apple can block the device ??

Hi there,

I live in Spain but recently I stayed for a couple of months in the States and decided to buy a MacBook before getting back taking advantage of the Back to School promo...

Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with a gift card that I can't use in my country (and I was not aware of that).

I realize that this post is mainly talking about iTunes store, but what about the new App Store for Macs. Please, share your experiences!!!

Help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
Hi there,

I live in Spain but recently I stayed for a couple of months in the States and decided to buy a MacBook before getting back taking advantage of the Back to School promo...

Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with a gift card that I can't use in my country (and I was not aware of that).

I realize that this post is mainly talking about iTunes store, but what about the new App Store for Macs. Please, share your experiences!!!

Regards,

Just do what has been explained here. Switch to the U.S. store, create a new apple account, and use 123 main street on any major city as your address. Then apply the code and buy what you want.

Chapman0000

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Can you us this with USA iTunes voucher on UK iTunes account if you change the the address?

Northy124

Quick Guide:

marc.garcia

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Just do what has been explained here. Switch to the U.S. store, create a new apple account, and use 123 main street on any major city as your address. Then apply the code and buy what you want.

I will surely do what it's been suggested here, I just wanted to double-check if this would also work for the Apple App Store because, as I said, this post is focusing on the iTunes store and there is a quite of a difference between the two... App updates.

Can anyone comment on the shortcomings? what happens to the Apps purchased in the US App store when I switch back to my current address, do they stay? and what about App updates? can I update my Apps once I've reverted to my Address?

Thanks in advance,

gordy99

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
My wife and I live in Japan. What we have done is create two accounts on iTunes- one in America and one is Japan. For both of them we use gift cards. The gift cards we buy in Japan can only be used for the Japan store and when we visit America we stock up on America cards. That way we can buy from both stores. We only have one computer and all the music from both countries shows up in our iTunes library. We've been doing it for years with no problems.

If I may, I would like to ask another question about iTunes. Is there any way to view my iTunes account history in full- not just purchases, but when a gift card was redeemed or the account balance changed in any way. I think iTunes has been double billing me when I rent movies. When I rent a movie on the movie's title page, it deducts $3.99. Then the pop up window shows up and asks if I'm sure I want to download the movie. I press 'ok' and it deducts my account again. The purchase history view only shows $3.99 deducted. The only way I can double check is by viewing my full account history. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

frederic.mac

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Hi there,

Regards,
Hello Marc,
i have a spanish back-to-school gift card for 75€ that i got in october with my new MacBook Air, would you like to switch it for your US gift card?

greetings Frederic

marc.garcia

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Hello Marc,
i have a spanish back-to-school gift card for 75€ that i got in october with my new MacBook Air, would you like to switch it for your US gift card?

greetings Frederic
Hi there frederic,

fotunatelly, I managed to get rid of the promo card on eBay. Thanks a lot for your offer.

Would you sell it instead of swapping it?

모영미

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2017
South Korea
Selling ITUNESGIFT CARD 30 AUD AU/300K IDR.. PM me!
I couldn't use it because I wasn't in Australia, so I intend to sell it, chat me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.