Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I've not been able to get a definitive answer, however it's not been officially rolled out yet. Apple is bad about allowing it's customers enough information for planning purposes. They simply don't care, despite the lip service they use in their sales & marketing drivel. Sadly they have a massive contingent of customers that will take anything that Apple dishes out without complaint. As a result Apple runs as a dictatorship. They've even got their customers programmed to believe Apple knows what's better for them than they do. Now that's one heck of an accomplishment on Apples part.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've been told apple do plan to allow SL to use cloud with the 10.6.9 update. This update is just for Icloud

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
Will Snow Leopard have iCloud?

Contrary to what some other posters have stated, yes, it will, although not as thoroughly as Lion. Apple will also include iCloud some degree of support for the newer versions of Windows (Windows 7 and later for sure; perhaps also for Vista).

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Contrary to what some other posters have stated, yes, it will, although not as thoroughly as Lion. Apple will also include iCloud some degree of support for the newer versions of Windows (Windows 7 and later for sure; perhaps also for Vista).

Yes, you are correct.

I just came across a report that said approx 20% of Mac users are on LION. Therefore a decision was made to include some iCloud functionality in the upcoming rev: 10.6.9.

superspartan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
Yes, you are correct.

I just came across a report that said approx 20% of Mac users are on LION. Therefore a decision was made to include some iCloud functionality in the upcoming rev: 10.6.9.

Has the 10.6.9 / iCloud rumor been confirmed anywhere? As far as I'm aware, that report originally came from a single developer screenshot referencing 10.6.9, but there hasn't been a single word from Apple or a beta release.

Even after last week's keynote, Apple continues to only reference Lion when talking about iCloud support in OSX.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Even after last week's keynote, Apple continues to only reference Lion when talking about iCloud support in OSX.

It would be foolish for Apple to say... "Don't worry about upgrading to Lion. You don't need to buy it."

Remember, this is the same company that said Lion would only be available via the App Store.

superspartan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
It would be foolish for Apple to say... "Don't worry about upgrading to Lion. You don't need to buy it."

Remember, this is the same company that said Lion would only be available via the App Store.

That's true, but it would also be foolish for any of us to tell SL users that they'll be receiving iCloud support when we really don't know. Apple has demonstrated countless times that they're not afraid to leave "legacy" hardware / software in the dust.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
That's true, but it would also be foolish for any of us to tell SL users that they'll be receiving iCloud support when we really don't know. Apple has demonstrated countless times that they're not afraid to leave "legacy" hardware / software in the dust.

Why would it be "foolish" for me (or everyone else here for that matter) to imply that SL 10.6.9 will indeed accommodate iCloud? Will their macs explode if it doesn't? At the very worst they'll find they have to upgrade to Lion.

I think it's "foolish" for those people clinging to SL (for good reason) not to wait and see:

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/29/mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6-9-to-bring-icloud-support/

superspartan

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
Why would it be "foolish" for me (or everyone else here for that matter) to imply that SL 10.6.9 will indeed accommodate iCloud? Will their macs explode if it doesn't? At the very worst they'll find they have to upgrade to Lion.

I think it's "foolish" for those people clinging to SL (for good reason) not to wait and see:

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/29/mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6-9-to-bring-icloud-support/

My comment wasn't a flame. This thread started with a really simple question and the answer is... no one outside of apple is sure.

whawhat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Hoping Apple has news for SL users this week re: iCloud. A few of my friends have had problems when they updated to Lion (erased HD's, sluggish Adobe CS suites, etc.) and I'm still hesitant to install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.