Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Why people are eager to pay Apple whatever they charge, yet expect things for free from others blows my mind. I don't know anyone who works for free. I sure don't. If you want to scam the system it ends up raising our prices.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I can't stand the "upgrade fee" that AT&T charges existing customers when they get a new phone. Why on earth should I have to pay that? I ask for it to be waived and have never actually paid it.

pezasied182

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
If you have a college or workplace associated with Sprint, not only will they waive the activation fee, they'll give you a discount on your monthly service. I got 18% off because of my college

mds

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
Why people are eager to pay Apple whatever they charge, yet expect things for free from others blows my mind. I don't know anyone who works for free. I sure don't. If you want to scam the system it ends up raising our prices.

I'm not trying to scam anything. I've had this fee waived before and others here reported ways to have it waived. I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years and have paid them thousands. Sometimes they offer promotions or sometimes the fees are reduced if you order over the phone, web, in store, etc. I merely wanted to know if someone was aware of such a deal.

Why is MacRumors such a hostile place? :-/

----------

If you have a college or workplace associated with Sprint, not only will they waive the activation fee, they'll give you a discount on your monthly service. I got 18% off because of my college

Thanks, I'll check this out.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
If you have a employee discount, order thru your Sprint corporate discount site they give you a code for two invoice credits of $25 each. that more then pays for it. If your a new customer I think its waived that way as well

This place does seem hostile often lol. I'm not tho and I've read many posts by people who seem nice as well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.