Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kram1975

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
And now it's showing having left 15 minutes ago. It's on the way! "Shenzhen, China 10/10/2011 1:50 P.M. Departure Scan"

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I ordered mine at 5:42AM EST and just got my first notification from apple that my order has shipped. I ordered 2 16gig 4S's, and I have only received one shipping notification. However, when I track my item from UPS, it says the box contains 2 items, even though one is considered shipped, and the other is preparing for shipment.

"Shenzhen, China 10/10/2011 1:50 P.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/09/2011 7:30 A.M. Origin Scan
China 10/09/2011 4:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Still says delivery on the 14th - BY END OF DAY!

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

MacNewsFix said:
My guy at Sprint said I should come at 8AM (special opening time for launch day) even though he'd put ours aside as they might get pinched by another salesperson for his/her clients.

Why didn't you pre-order? You're going to be mad at "your guy" come launch day and those phones arent there.

TheStoof

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
I ordered mine at 5:42AM EST and just got my first notification from apple that my order has shipped. I ordered 2 16gig 4S's, and I have only received one shipping notification. However, when I track my item from UPS, it says the box contains 2 items, even though one is considered shipped, and the other is preparing for shipment.

"Shenzhen, China 10/10/2011 1:50 P.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/09/2011 7:30 A.M. Origin Scan
China 10/09/2011 4:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS"

Still says delivery on the 14th - BY END OF DAY!

I'm almost regretting ordering from AT&T. I had planned to order from the Apple Store at 3AM, but it broke, and I had to sleep.

AT&T is giving absolutely zero information to most of its purchasers (pending status).

The only thing that's keeping me calm is that those who ordered the iPhone 4 went through the same thing with AT&T, but they got their orders on time.

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I'm almost regretting ordering from AT&T. I had planned to order from the Apple Store at 3AM, but it broke, and I had to sleep.

AT&T is giving absolutely zero information to most of its purchasers (pending status).

The only thing that's keeping me calm is that those who ordered the iPhone 4 went through the same thing with AT&T, but they got their orders on time.

To tell you the truth, I had a chance to order from ATT an hr earlier but I waited to order from apple. I just trusted them more, I honestly love ATT but their billing history is shady at best. Countless times have I been charged for 'extras' on U-verse and my cell bill..have to call and straighten it out every now and then..so even though I have plenty of services with them, I chose to directly give my money to Apple, felt safer lol

I would be worried that I haven't received 2 notifications for shipment, but it says 2 things in my box with 2 separate tracking numbers, so I am guessing they simplified it...I trust apple more than ATT so I am just going to be patient.

On a side note, I ordered my case today from case-mate and got 20 percent off, if you need the coupon for that, just google case mate coupon and search for 20 percent or I can PM it to you.

TheStoof

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
To tell you the truth, I had a chance to order from ATT an hr earlier but I waited to order from apple. I just trusted them more, I honestly love ATT but their billing history is shady at best. Countless times have I been charged for 'extras' on U-verse and my cell bill..have to call and straighten it out every now and then..so even though I have plenty of services with them, I chose to directly give my money to Apple, felt safer lol

I would be worried that I haven't received 2 notifications for shipment, but it says 2 things in my box with 2 separate tracking numbers, so I am guessing they simplified it...I trust apple more than ATT so I am just going to be patient.

On a side note, I ordered my case today from case-mate and got 20 percent off, if you need the coupon for that, just google case mate coupon and search for 20 percent or I can PM it to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm against cases. I fancy belt holsters, and I will use my Bold 9700 holster (similar dimensions).

I haven't received any notifications from AT&T, but I will just be patient.

I stayed up to order early, but it appears that doing so backfired...I didn't need to do it. I just needed to order in the morning. Stupid me :(.

Huracan

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2007
Ordered from Apple Store after getting a reservation number. Phone is in preparing for shipment state, it's been like that for most of the day. Perhaps it will change tomorrow. I have little doubt I'll get it on the 14th, or perhaps earlier.

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
Next year, we'll get to say: "Siri, when is my iPhone5 arriving?"

Hmm. I wonder if it will go something like this:

You: "Siri, when is my iPhone5 arriving?"

Siri: "I heard: ~cancel my iPhone5 order~"

You: "No no Siri, ~WHEN~ is my iPhone5 arriving?"

Siri: "Confirmed. Order Cancelled. You didn't need a new phone. Don't you love me anymore?"

You: "..."

onyx519

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered trough AT&T on the 7th around 2am, but the order STILL says it's processing! I'm going to call tomorrow afternoon IF it doesn't get updated or I get a notification of shipment. Is anyone else going through this?

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain

Siri: "Confirmed. Order Cancelled. You didn't need a new phone. Don't you love me anymore?"

Don't trust Siri, the cake is a lie!

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
iPhone 4S is going to sell like hotcakes

I'm jealous of you guys
I have to wait in Hong Kong for this phone to come out... maybe 1 month later. Sigh.

Shearwater

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Leeds , West Yorkshire

Siri: Sorry...iPhone5 does not compute!!!

DarkLighter1985

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Mine shipped too... however, on the tracking information it says the following:

Shenzhen, China 10/10/2011 2:51 P.M. The service selected is not available to the destination address. / Downgraded, forwarded to consignee, selected service is not available.

I'm not entirely sure what all that means... because I didn't select any special services...

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Got my shipment notification from Apple and UPS says departure scan from Shenzhen with delivery by end of day Friday, shipped via UPS Worldwide Express. Strange that it says delivery by end of day, given UPS says this service delivers by either 10:30 am or 12 noon.

I'm hoping for a 10:30 delivery given I have meetings all afternoon and would love to get the phone sync'd before I leave the office.

RobseRob

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

I wish i wouldnt have to wait for the 28th in Danmark to get my hands on the 4S. My old bootrom 3GS are even soon going to be sold to my girlfriend. So ill even have to wait more than a whole week for my 4S.

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011

By 3:30AM i passed back asleep as i wake up at 5am for work. I ordered then and it went quick.

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
I just received an email from Apple informing that it is shipped
It's now in Hong Kong now....
Delivers on the 14th, by the end of day.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2010
chatroulette-trolling-sweet-deal.jpg

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Does anyone know if you can buy Applecare later after you buy the iPhone, like 2 weeks later for example?

I wondered the same thing. You do have to question the legality of Applecare+, if they force you to get it on day one, as it seems according to Apple's site - it says something like it must be purchased at the same time as the phone.

Many states have laws that forbid companies from essentially charging you for something like this that is already covered by the normal terms of the new product warranty.

I would be bet that Apple will need to make changes to the program, selling it as a damages policy, not combined with an extended warranty.

I did buy Applecare for my iP4, but did so the last month of my 1 yr warranty, then needed to get the phone replaced a month later due to home button issues. It was worth the money, but I'm not convinced that spending $150 for one replacement or $200 for two over the course of 2 years is worth it.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
5 more days. I bet the lines will be a nightmare. This will be the first time I ordered my iPhone to ship to my house. There was a time when the lines were "fun" like when a new OS was launched. Waiting in lines for any Apple product now is brutal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.