Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_4s_sams_club.jpg

While Apple has touted Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy as its featured third-party retailers in the United States to carry the iPhone 4S at launch, Wal-Mart's warehouse club chain Sam's Club has now joined the list, alerting customers today that it is now taking reservations for the device. The iPhone 4S will be available through Sam's Club on the official launch day of this Friday, October 14th.
iPhone 4S will be available for pre-order at most Sam's Club locations beginning at 10:00 a.m. on October 11th on a first-come, first-served basis. Available for purchase on October 14th while supplies last.
Not all Sam's Club locations offer the iPhone, so customers should check the Sam's Club iPhone database to determine which clubs will offer the device for their carrier of choice. Sam's Club is also not offering a discount on the iPhone, but it does provide one more option for customers looking to purchase an iPhone 4S on launch day.

Apple sold out of its initial stock of iPhone 4S pre-orders in less than 24 hours, announcing that it had taken over one million pre-orders over that time.

Best Buy confirmed yesterday that it will carry the full line of iPhone offerings, and RadioShack has also been taking in-store pre-orders ahead of Friday's launch.

(Thanks, Daniel)

Article Link: Sam's Club Begins Taking iPhone 4S Reservations for Friday Launch

syedhussain

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Lol I just got my iPhone 4S upgrade fee waived from at&t.

I pre ordered last friday and i called in today complaining that they were charging me an extra $18.00 for the upgrade when one of their representatives told me that they would waive it for me.

That is $18.00 off my next bill! Try it, it cant hurt, only benefit you.

daxomni

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Sams Club offering a new groundbreaking ZERO percent discount on the iPhone 4S is front page news?

Seriously?

How sad.

Mr. Chewbacca

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
Dallas TX
Sams Club offering a new groundbreaking ZERO percent discount on the iPhone 4S is front page news?

Seriously?

How sad.

Need a tissue?:rolleyes:

Since a LOT of people do not have a membership to Sams it is a pretty good place to go to get one and avoid the lines if you happen to have a 100.00 yearly membership

Thanks for the tip MR. :D

amann76

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
MacWorld USA
surprised they are not taking something off the price to entice their "members" but as with all sams club items they will probably have a very small amount so good luck to anybody going there to get one

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Couldn't you just pay $199 for the phone and then terminate early for $350 = 16GB for $549!

You have to pay for at least a month of service. Attempting to terminate your contract within the return window actually triggers a cancellation and you have to return the phone (but no ETF paid). So resellers have to factor that plus the activation fee into their selling price, which is at least $100 extra. Might as well just buy it off-contract and unlocked at that point and save yourself the hassle.

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Off contract prices would be the same as the unlocked price on apple.com

16 GBb $649

32 GB $749

64 GB $849

While they are the same price, an off-contract phone is still locked to a carrier. I have no clue why would want to pay full price for a phone and still have it locked. Unlocked iPhone sales begin in November in the United States (which is the main reason why I haven't pre-ordered one yet).

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Reserved :cool:. Now I just need to cancel my Verizon preorder. I just don't feel like waiting until the 21st. I knew my Sams club membership would come in handy.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Couldn't you just pay $199 for the phone and then terminate early for $350 = 16GB for $549!

Plus activation fee, plus first month's service bill with taxes, plus you can't sign up for new service with that carrier (to which your new iPhone is locked) for 30 days after canceling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.