Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
The one enhancement I hope Apple works towards implementing a more natural sounding voice for Siri. The computer voice drives me crazy, but I guess I can learn to deal with it. Friday can't come soon enough. :D

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
I agree but it still seems gimmicky and I know I can do some of those things they did quicker the old fashioned way...with my fingers! There was some editing for time during some of the demo which makes me wonder how quick it is at some tasks.

The point of this if for you to be able to do those things you normally do with your fingers during times you cannot (or should not be) using your fingers to operate your phone.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I want to see what Siri says if you ask it for the answer to life the universe and everything. :rolleyes:

----------

That is such a nerd question that I'd be disappointed if 42 wasn't programmed in. But sometimes Apple doesn't really like to let its Geek flag fly, so we shall have to see when we get our hands on it (or at least someone more imaginative than Goran gets his hands on it and posts to the web).

Jonathan7877

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
this review is horrible lol but i guess its the best we can get. he kept calling features futures and called 1080p recording 180p lol oh man he is horrible. but again... he is the only one that got one early for now.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
That is such a nerd question that I'd be disappointed if 42 wasn't programmed in. But sometimes Apple doesn't really like to let its Geek flag fly, so we shall have to see when we get our hands on it (or at least someone more imaginative than Goran gets his hands on it and posts to the web).

I can already see the MacRumors Forum thread starting for it...

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!

The "old" Siri iPhone app could answer it.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

bacaramac said:
The one enhancement I hope Apple works towards implementing a more natural sounding voice for Siri. The computer voice drives me crazy, but I guess I can learn to deal with it. Friday can't come soon enough. :D

Oh how I wish Majel Barrett Roddenberry was still around so they could use her voice.

tendicott

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2011
Plymouth
This looks so cool. I cant wait to see if you can ask siri to tell you a joke. It works on speakable items on OS X so hopefully they will have implemented this in Siri as well.

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
How long until Apple gives you the option to purchase different voices for Siri...kind of like how you can purchase the Homer add-on for TomTom?

kevinkt

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Hawaii
Siri is not only about making things faster! It's about having an assistant that u can talk to when ur hands are full ie. Driving,cooking,holding two things in ur hand!!!!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

ikr Siri sounds like some angry wife

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
I hope you can turn off some of the needless dialog exchanges. It's like Sync in my car... Just give me the info.

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Maybe it came from the app store. I am doubtful it is part of iOS

Absolutely is (from the App Store, I mean), just found it with a quick search.
3z8mN.jpg
kSXG1.jpg

From the way he started the video, it seemed like he ticked a few people off in the past by pretending to review the 4S. Maybe making it seem like there is a hidden exclusive app isn't the way to get people back...

Last edited:

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
This is really astonishing. Although I probably would not use Siri very often, I do think that it might come handy at many occasions. I hope that the JB community figures out a way to enable Siri on the iPhone 4.

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
one million orders and he ends up with one?

My nan could have done a better review than that.

Anyone notice he had iCloud activated?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.