Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One of the iCloud features launched immediately in the United States upon the service's announcement back in June was "iTunes in the Cloud", offering users the ability to re-download music previously purchased from the iTunes Store to any registered device. The service allows users to forgo storing their entire iTunes-purchased music library on every device and only download tracks to a given device as needed.

With the full iCloud service set to launch today, we have begun receiving reports from international users that iTunes in the Cloud has already begun going live for them. Reports have come in from Canada and the United Kingdom so far, but it is unclear whether additional countries will be included in the initial round of launches.

uk_itunes_ios_purchased_tab.jpg

UK iTunes Store with new "Purchased" tab
The changes add a "Purchased" tab to the iTunes Store app in iOS, offering users access to an iCloud-hosted list of all of their purchased tracks, allowing for easy download. iTunes in the Cloud also supports automatic downloads, allowing users to purchase content on one device and have it automatically appear on other devices associated with the user's account.

Apple had reportedly been working hard to secure international iCloud music rights in time for last week's iPhone 4S media event, with sources indicating that Apple had indeed secured such agreements by that date, with the UK set to see the first expansion of the service in Europe.

Update: We've now received reports of iTunes in the Cloud being live from the following additional countries: Australia, France, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, and Spain.

Article Link: 'iTunes in the Cloud' Rolling Out Internationally

nugga

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Not working for me in Denmark yet unfortunately :(

Anyways Spotify just released in Denmark today :) Goodbye iTunes :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Can confirm UK

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    471.6 KB · Views: 256
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I was going to send a tip through about this an hour or so ago. The Music button appeared by magic in the Settings > Store page as did the Purchased tab in iTunes on my iPhone and iPad.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Ireland has itunes in the cloud!

IRELAND HAS ITUNES IN THE CLOUD! IN IRELAND IN IRELAND! We can download pre-purchased music! Woot! #geekingout

bigmikeyp

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2006
Manchester, UK
Bye Bye Spotify!

+1 I've just cancelled my account now.

This has also made me decide not to purchase the 64GB 4S on Friday, and go for the 32GB model instead, as I'll be able to easily manage my music collection while I'm away from home and without the need to sync it up to my iMac.

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
good luck to all you limited data users...lol the cloud will kill you

Sadly, this is true. Using the cloud to its full potential precludes the use of any sort of data cap. What happens when you're close to the cap? Is it really user-friendly to expect people to turn off all their data services when they come close? I wouldn't think so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.