Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LWP777

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
So when setting up iCloud I inputed my Apple ID email which is different than my Mobile Me email. Now my Mobile Me hasn't synced up with iCloud. How do I change the ID for iCloud so that it's my Mobile Me .me email? When I go to Settings-Mail is doesn't give me the option to change it!

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I want to do this too... But I think it might not be possible. I should be paying more attention to the forums

jdguggs10

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
Boston
Frustrating

Mine is currently set to another email that I want to stop using. It is mandatory for me that I am able to switch it to my mobile me email address. Hopefully someone can sort this out but it is quite frustrating to me right now.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
So when setting up iCloud I inputed my Apple ID email which is different than my Mobile Me email. Now my Mobile Me hasn't synced up with iCloud. How do I change the ID for iCloud so that it's my Mobile Me .me email? When I go to Settings-Mail is doesn't give me the option to change it!

Easy. Go under Settings>iCloud on your iPhone. Delete the iCloud account. When done, go back to Mail settings and add an iCloud account. Enter your MM credentials and now your master iCloud account is your MM account.

THIS IS ASSUMING YOU ALREADY MIGRATED YOUR MM TO ICLOUD!!!!!!

If you have not done that yet, you need to go to iCloud.com. Enter in your MM credentials. It will tell you it needs to migrate. Run through the steps. When done, do what i say above.

LWP777

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Easy. Go under Settings>iCloud on your iPhone. Delete the iCloud account. When done, go back to Mail settings and add an iCloud account. Enter your MM credentials and now your master iCloud account is your MM account.

If you have not done that yet, you need to go to iCloud.com. Enter in your MM credentials. It will tell you it needs to migrate. Run through the steps. When done, do what i say above.

Yes, I just did that. Thank you. The problem is iCloud.com is stuck or something. It just keeps telling me to go to me.com to transfer but once I go there it just takes me to the "Find my iPhone" page.

I then just saw this on Apple's website:

System Status

MobileMe Moving from MobileMe to iCloud

Due to high demand, we are temporarily limiting the number of users moving from MobileMe to iCloud. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
I get the error "your Apple ID is valid but it is not an iCloud account".

So... how I do I make my Apple ID access iCloud? It's not part of MobileMe so I'm not transferring or anything...

scottvanson

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
Does the icloud email have to be your apple id

my apple id for itunes etc will be different than my icloud id

is this a potential problem or does it not matter

cappers

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
I gave up and set up a new me.com address and migrated the old one to the new one using my mac. PITA but it worked.

Exactly what I want to do. Can you explain how you did this. I have x2 @me emails (mistake when setting up!) accounts and want to use the 'other one' with my current apple ID.
can it be done?

thanks

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Exactly what I want to do. Can you explain how you did this. I have x2 @me emails (mistake when setting up!) accounts and want to use the 'other one' with my current apple ID.
can it be done?

thanks
You want to use a different me account than the one you're using?
Well, what I did was export the calendars in ical. Then create calendars in
@me. Then import in ical TO those new calendars.
Then with mail I set up both @me accounts in mail and for small folders did the drag and drop. For the inbox I created a rule in mail that said if to is @oldme move message to inbox @newme.
Address book took care of itself. Then in iCloud just added @newme.

cappers

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
You want to use a different me account than the one you're using?
Well, what I did was export the calendars in ical. Then create calendars in
@me. Then import in ical TO those new calendars.
Then with mail I set up both @me accounts in mail and for small folders did the drag and drop. For the inbox I created a rule in mail that said if to is @oldme move message to inbox @newme.
Address book took care of itself. Then in iCloud just added @newme.

Lovely, think i need a spare afternoon for that. Very grateful and will give it a go

traveller09

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
People's Republic of Seattle
Mine is the opposite problem. I have a mobile me account but I never used the email address for anything. Now that MM is going away I want to set iCloud to my gmail address which I use for everything including iTunes. As I am trying to set up my new iCloud account it is defaulting me to MM address. Do I need to forget about my MM acount and just set up a new iCloud account using my gmail account? Or if I continue to set up iCloud will it allow me to change it later to from a MM address to a gmail address?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.