Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Hi there,

Having a tough time getting iCloud to work properly. All my devices are refusing to send me an iCloud email to verify my Apple ID. Im getting a message saying "A verification email has been sent to _MY EMAIL_ . However I've been checking my email since this morning with no luck. I'm getting the same message w/ my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro. I've reset the phone and the iPad. Installed OS5.0 on both and the Tiger update.

Any ideas?

stefan24

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2007
I'm having the same issue, just out of interest what version of the iPhone are you running? I've got a 3gs. If I do the following steps in iCloud iOS it crashes and returns me to the home screen.

Settings > icloud

woodcreeper

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Villas, NJ USA
Same issue here. On a MacBookPro (2007) running 10.7.2 and an iPhone 3GS running iOS 5. I've sent (and resent) myself 5 verification emails, none of them have arrived in my inbox. I do have two Apple IDs but only one of them is my email address and the other was a mixup from awhile back that only has a dozen purchases on it. Both have the same contact email associated with them- and each time Apple says it's sending a verification email, it shows the correct email address.

here's hoping this iCloud has a silver lining when the kids in Cupertino wake up today.

coverfan

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Hi there,

Having a tough time getting iCloud to work properly. All my devices are refusing to send me an iCloud email to verify my Apple ID. Im getting a message saying "A verification email has been sent to _MY EMAIL_ . However I've been checking my email since this morning with no luck. I'm getting the same message w/ my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro. I've reset the phone and the iPad. Installed OS5.0 on both and the Tiger update.

Any ideas?

I was told this morning by Apple support that they had just received a docket from Apple informing them there is a known issue with verification emails not being sent out. They are working on it and hope to resolve ASAP. Let's hope so!

RUCRZY2

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
unable to set up Icloud Unable to verify Apple ID

I get the message at the manage my Apple ID page.
Verify your email address.
A verification email was previously sent to XXX@XXX.com . We can resend the verification email to the same address, or if this address is incorrect you can change your Apple ID and email address.

I click to have the e-mail sent but it never comes.
"Verify your email to complete your Apple ID setup.
Please complete the verification process to update your Apple ID. Check your inbox for a verification email with instructions on how to activate your account."
So far I have only noticed a problem with Icloud. I cannot set up Icloud or use any of the features on my Ipod touch. called for support and they told me I had to pay for support even when it is their issue on their website. I suggested that they bite me. they would not even pass it along to the tech side of things so I am not sure Apple gets that this is happening to a lot of people.

dmutpuu

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
So far I have only noticed a problem with Icloud. I cannot set up Icloud or use any of the features on my Ipod touch. called for support and they told me I had to pay for support even when it is their issue on their website. I suggested that they bite me. they would not even pass it along to the tech side of things so I am not sure Apple gets that this is happening to a lot of people.

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 4 / iMac / MacBook Pro. iCloud preference wants to verify my email and it says it sent me verification email, but I never receive it. Tried at least a dozen times on each of devices - started yesterday night and it's already past 4 PM next day - problem not fixed. Quite frustrating...

Yibgib

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
Im having the same issue. And i also had the same issue with the find my idevice thing and that has not been fixed so i can not say im entirely optimistic that this will be fixed either.

sgluskin

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Had same problem, now fixed

First, I'll describe my situation and maybe it was what happened to you.

My Apple id was: johndoe. The email associated with that account was "john@doe.com"

But recently, I think it was just when activating my iPhone 4S, iTunes complained and said, "your Apple ID must be an email address. What do you want your Apple ID to change to?" My answer was, "johndoe@gmail.com."

This was the circumstance under which I could NOT verify my iCould account.

Solution: I went into my Apple ID account at http://appleid.apple.com. There I changed the e-mail address associated with the account from "john@doe.com" to be the same email address as the user id: "johndoe@gmail.com."

Bingo!:) Problem solved. The iPhone verified the iCloud account and everything is working.

So I think the problem is for people who added an apple id that was an email account that didn't match the email account already associated with that ID. Of course, if that is a problem, I should have been warned when I chose an ID that didn't match the email associated with the account.

Do post back if this solves your problem,

Shai

StandardMeth0d

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
My Apple ID is the same as my primary email address (ie. onetwo@gmail,com is my email AND Apple ID) and I have not received a verification email.

cutcopypaste

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2008
I'm having the same problem described by many people.. most specifically sgluskin. However when I go to https://appleid.apple.com and try to log in it tells me 'unknown error occured' id is working fine in itunes and on my iphone, but not on this site somehow...

ccbasket

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
iCloud Verification

I have been having trouble since the iCloud came out getting my account verified as well. I am glad I found this posting and especially the one from sgluskin and I tried as was posted below:

Solution: I went into my Apple ID account at http://appleid.apple.com. There I changed the e-mail address associated with the account from "john@doe.com" to be the same email address as the user id: "johndoe@gmail.com."

It didn't work and it said I had to change my password (which I have done about 6-8 times trying to get this to work). When I finally got in I had the correct email listed "johndoe@gmail.com" and it said it was verified, but it was still not recognizing it on my ipod touch. I had to trick the system. I put in an old email address I used to have and updated the email address, then I put back in my "johndoe@gmail.com" email address and updated again so I could get an email to verify it even though I had done it in the past. I received the verification email and went through the verification process, but my ipod was still saying not verified. I just kept putting in my new password that I just created in my ipod and after about the 4th time it accepted it. It now says I have access to the iCloud.

Whew, what a lot of work!! It seems crazy to be that hard to get it to work. Thanks so much to sgluskin for the posting that ultimately round about got me to where I needed to be! Maybe this will help someone else that is having problems.

randW

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2011
same problem. any answers?

I cannot get my iCloud account to verify. The account says it has not been verified and to check my email. I do and there is no email there. On my Mac Air, I click "resend email" and check. Still nothing.

This is beyond frustrating. Anyone found any answers to this?

I am using the latest iTunes and iOS 5.01

Thanks.

samtheman12

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
I am also having the problem with the icloud verification email, so about a week ago I found this forum and followed the advice offered by some members. Sadly this didn't help me in any way, neither email adress works now and I was not recieving any verification emails - for icloud or to confirm the appleid change. This obviously meant I couldn't update/buy any apps on my iPod touch or download any music.

When I went into the apple shop (which I am lucky wnough to have one fairly near me) and told the guy in there all of this, he told me I should have gone straight to the apple shop for the icloud problem in the first place. So there's my solution to all you guys - GO TO YOUR NEAREST APPLE STORE! I have now fixed my apple id problem, but not icloud as it has turned into a very long process in which to fix this.

Something the guy hinted at what it could be something to with your account not being properly set up (i.e. the security questions) so I would suggest checking that out. When I go back to the apple store and get icloud fixed (hopefully later this week) I'll post how he did it here to help anybody who can't get to an apple store, I know they're quite rare where I am in the UK.

So there you go, good luck!

Samtheman12 :D

riv4711

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
solution

i went to
https://appleid.apple.com

and logged in.
there i clicked on "send registration email again"

i immediately received that, clicked on the registration link in the email and immediately received the icloud activation email afterwards.

tigster999

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Thank you

:D Thankjyou for this easy remedy!!! It worked!

i went to
https://appleid.apple.com

and logged in.
there i clicked on "send registration email again"

i immediately received that, clicked on the registration link in the email and immediately received the icloud activation email afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.