Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:03 AM   #26
Dr McKay
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
And thank God it's a widespread thing, I thought it might have been a problem with my account, because my friend with MobileMe was completely fine.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:51 AM   #27
live4mark
macrumors member

It is now nearly 12 noon on Friday in NYC and my MobileMe account still is down. I called Apple and they advised me that the server still is down and that they expect it to be up and running soon. We will see.

The server has been down, at least for my service, since late last night, which is rather inconvenient for my needs. Here's hoping that they resolve this issue ASAP.
live4mark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:08 AM   #28
Euroamerican
macrumors member

Yep.

I decided that my Mail was on the fritz about 10 PM Mountain time last night. By about midnight, I was getting the password/account not recognized message.

This morning a few emails trickled through and I no longer got the message about the account/password being unrecognized.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:19 PM   #29
BlendedFrog
macrumors regular

I highly doubt that this is in any way connected but the online system of Bank of America has been down for at least 3 hours now also. Two very high volume systems that are offline....who knows though.
BlendedFrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:43 PM   #30
nagromme
macrumors G4

Related or not, I canít say, but the iTunes app review submission system has been down or glitchy for me during the last day or so, on and off.
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:53 PM   #31
snebes
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlendedFrog View Post
I highly doubt that this is in any way connected but the online system of Bank of America has been down for at least 3 hours now also. Two very high volume systems that are offline....who knows though.
Too many people cancelling their BoA accounts due to debit card nonsense.
snebes is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:59 PM   #32
craig45
macrumors newbie

But wasn't it nice not being bothered by pesky emails? Although I did worry that something happened to my Mac until I saw MobileMe was having troubles.
craig45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:10 AM   #33
EvilEvil
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

This is why I use google to synch everything.
EvilEvil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:27 AM   #34
Dr McKay
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via MSN to Dr McKay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr McKay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlendedFrog View Post
How odd, lots of banks over here in the UK went offline last night, it was chaos in the stores.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:56 AM   #35
iPagan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
Related or not, I canít say, but the iTunes app review submission system has been down or glitchy for me during the last day or so, on and off.
I noticed that I could not submit reviews within App Store on the iPad, but I could submit reviews in iTunes on my MBP.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 09:09 AM   #36
seedster2
macrumors 6502a

Exactly why I dont recommend MM to people.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:49 PM   #37
BlendedFrog
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy91 View Post
How odd, lots of banks over here in the UK went offline last night, it was chaos in the stores.
Not exactly sure why no tech site or news organization didn't pick up on the widespread outage of wither the banks or MM. But BofA didn't come back online for over 14 hours. It took until almost early this morning before I could fully access my account.
BlendedFrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 09:16 AM   #38
champ01

I'm missing emails to.

Having emails missing is a BIG issue and needs to be fixed asap!
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:24 PM   #39
Blakeco123
macrumors regular

Hopefully for iCloud they won't even need a "System Status" widget on there website.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:34 AM   #40
shompa
macrumors 6502

"Due to high demand, we are temporarily limiting the number of users moving from MobileMe to iCloud. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I hate Apple.
MobileMe members have been paying for a service. Some of us almost 10 years. Then Apple have the genius idea of making it free. Do they let mobileme members migrate first? No. JobBlow gets it cloud working. Paying members can't not.

I migrated to iCloud yesterday (with my families stuff).

Nothing works now. Password rejected.
I can log into iCloud on the web, so the password is correct. Apple are so incompetent that they can't manage to propagate the password over all its servers. How hard is it with Rsync?

The Rumor that Apple is dumping Sun/Oracle servers for HP and Microsoft cloud may be true. This will never work then.
shompa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:41 AM   #41
WiLLGT09
macrumors regular

So Apple, what was that big data center in NC for?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion