Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_4s_siri.jpg

While shipping estimates for some iPhone 4S orders placed through Apple's U.S. carriers partners did begin to slip quite soon after pre-orders launched late last week, Bloomberg now reports that pre-orders through all three carriers have officially sold out ahead of tomorrow's launch.
Sprint and Verizon Wireless showed no remaining iPhone 4S stock available for pre-order on their websites. On AT&T's site iPhone buyers are given a delivery-time estimate of three to four weeks rather than the one to two days, when pre-orders began Oct. 7.

The sellout signals robust demand for the Apple device and should help boost revenue for the wireless carriers in the years ahead, said Roger Entner, an analyst with Recon Analytics in Boston.
Apple, its carrier partners, and several third-party retailers are planned to have stock of iPhone 4S models available tomorrow for those willing to wait in line, but those seeking to place orders for delivery will need to wait some time.

Article Link: iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Sold Out at All U.S. Carriers

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'm hoping lines won't be too crazy tomorrow, since I didn't pre-order. Hopefully Apple has learned from past experience and has plenty of stock available.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
What MR doesn't mention is that sprint is still taking 32GB and 64GB pre-orders, but they won't be fulfilled on the 14th anymore.

SavMBP15

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Good thing all those 4S haters were true that the 4S was going to be a flop and no one would want it... /sarcasm off ;)

clibinarius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
NY
Good thing all those 4S haters were true that the 4S was going to be a flop and no one would want it... /sarcasm off ;)

Buh, no one said the iPhone 4S would flop. Are you confusing dissatisfaction with pessimism?

I wasn't happy with the offering and I bought one anyway. Why? I thought Apple could do better. I'm still hostile that they didn't. But I knew it would sell and I didn't want to leave the eco-system.

However, this could be stagnating-5 years from now. There will be NO short term losses for Apple, and long term ones aren't able to be measured and everyone knows that.

What am I saying? Everyone who criticizes Apple thought that the iPhone 4S would fail. Did you hear WebOS has more market share than iOS in the minds of iOS "Haters"? No? Oh.

Grow up.

dava2

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
You people there don't know how much happy you are. Here, in Croatia, we're getting iPhone 4s in December!

Last edited:

rjtyork

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I was just at mall Sprint Kiosks. They have huge boxes with a big "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 8:00 AM OCT 14" plastered all over them. They are HEAVY. Definitely filled with iPhones. It seems Apple probably made around 2 million. Sent 1 million off for pre orders and the other million or so are going to kiosks and apple stores. Pretty crazy. This is the first time I've seen mall kiosks with the iPhone. Excited to get mine. Gonna go stand in line now...

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
What pisses me off is that I ordered on the 7th at 4 am and I still am prob not getting the 64gb white I ordered

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Glad I preordered right away. I considered hitting up the store but my Verizon which had iP4 at launch will not have iP4S.

innab

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I'm pretty frustrated right now. Been waiting for my "It's been shipped!" confirmation because I ordered just before 6:23am on Friday, the 7th (PST)... and discovered that the AT&T site now has my updated information available on the main account page (had to go through the Premier confirmation link previously), but it says it wasn't "ordered" until 10/10, so it's "backordered" and still "processing." Apparently all I get for pre-ordering is not waiting in line and getting my phone delivered days or weeks after the launch. Argh. I'm VERY close to throwing my barely working 3G at a wall or concrete floor.

Surklyn

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2009
You people there don't know how much happy you are. Here, in Croatia, we're getting iPhone 4s in December!

Ugh.. except that ATT won't move my update from Nov. 30th... so looks like I'l be getting it in December too.. :( Stupid ATT... grrr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.