Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:53 PM   #1
retrostate
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S - Bristol Cribbs Causeway

After a mix-up with my bank on Friday I wasn't able to pre-order online so have decided to go to pick one up in store on the 14th.

Store opens at 8:00, I'm thinking of getting there for 6:00.

Am I likely to see any of you there? What time would you all recommend based on previous experience?

New member here, so hi to you all
retrostate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrostate View Post
After a mix-up with my bank on Friday I wasn't able to pre-order online so have decided to go to pick one up in store on the 14th.

Store opens at 8:00, I'm thinking of getting there for 6:00.

Am I likely to see any of you there? What time would you all recommend based on previous experience?

New member here, so hi to you all
Hi, ive just got myself a iPhone SIM only plan, so ill be going to cribbs on friday to get myself the new iphone, this will be my first one, ive always had everything else (Mac, ipod, ipad etc..) but never an iphone so looking forward to it.

As for previous experience, i know someone who phoned up the other bristol store today and asked what the que was like last year, he said it was massive but they still had enough phones for everyone the whole day....

However i am not taking the risk, i will be at cribbs causeway ASAP early friday morning, as i have heard they do not shut the Mall front doors (center entrance) so you can que outside the shop and not have to wait outside, which one are you wanting to get by the way?
Stig1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:52 PM   #3
retrostate
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig1990 View Post
Hi, ive just got myself a iPhone SIM only plan, so ill be going to cribbs on friday to get myself the new iphone, this will be my first one, ive always had everything else (Mac, ipod, ipad etc..) but never an iphone so looking forward to it.

As for previous experience, i know someone who phoned up the other bristol store today and asked what the que was like last year, he said it was massive but they still had enough phones for everyone the whole day....

However i am not taking the risk, i will be at cribbs causeway ASAP early friday morning, as i have heard they do not shut the Mall front doors (center entrance) so you can que outside the shop and not have to wait outside, which one are you wanting to get by the way?
I'm looking to get a 16GB 4S. Not too sure on the colour right now. But yeh, I expect the 16 to be the hot seller so i'm going to try to get there as early as possible.

Also, i've ben reading up on it too and I believe the doors that the staff use are the ones at the far end by John Lewis (The wheelchair access doors either side of the rotating door). These open at either 5 or 6 AM for the staff to arrive and stay unlocked from that point onwards
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'm looking to get a 16GB 4S. Not too sure on the colour right now. But yeh, I expect the 16 to be the hot seller so i'm going to try to get there as early as possible.

Also, i've ben reading up on it too and I believe the doors that the staff use are the ones at the far end by John Lewis (The wheelchair access doors either side of the rotating door). These open at either 5 or 6 AM for the staff to arrive and stay unlocked from that point onwards
Ahh i didnt know that, well im sure we'll find out what doors are open on the day, i normally park on the john lewis side anyway so ill try those first, thanks for the tip
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:51 AM   #5
red1407
macrumors newbie

I'll be there.

When I was waiting for the 3GS to be released I had to queue up outside the O2 store at Cribbs. I got there about 7am and was approximately 20th in line. You were able to go inside The Mall and line up however the only entrance that was open was the set of doors on the lower level by the escalator, newsagents, shoe shop and the ground floor main entrance to John Lewis. I'll be trying this again tomorrow.

I'm planning on getting to Cribbs again at about 7am. I know that Best Buy and a couple of other shops are opening at 8am in order to compete.

I don't have my iPhone Sim yet as I'm waiting to see if I can get my hands on a phone before sorting out the sim card. O2 were not very forthright with their information prior to the release when they knew I wanted a sim only deal.
red1407 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:42 AM   #6
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1407 View Post
I'll be there.

When I was waiting for the 3GS to be released I had to queue up outside the O2 store at Cribbs. I got there about 7am and was approximately 20th in line. You were able to go inside The Mall and line up however the only entrance that was open was the set of doors on the lower level by the escalator, newsagents, shoe shop and the ground floor main entrance to John Lewis. I'll be trying this again tomorrow.

I'm planning on getting to Cribbs again at about 7am. I know that Best Buy and a couple of other shops are opening at 8am in order to compete.

I don't have my iPhone Sim yet as I'm waiting to see if I can get my hands on a phone before sorting out the sim card. O2 were not very forthright with their information prior to the release when they knew I wanted a sim only deal.
Yea i know what i mean, ive stuck with vodafone, i know a few people leaving 02 because they dont seem to be very helpful at all,

I know the entrance you mean, someone told me the two doors either side on the big revolving door (Center entrance) are open 24 hours, they never get locked, however i find that hard to beileve but ill find out in the morning, im planning on being there as early as i can as ive waited for an iphone for years, its the only thing im missing lol, and i really dont want to walk away empty handed.

I completly forgot about Best buy... i always do because it hasnt been there very long, good luck getting one to everyone whos going.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:45 AM   #7
red1407
macrumors newbie

I was in the Apple store earlier and a helpful employee told me they have enough stock to last them until Saturday although they still expect queues. See you guys there!
red1407 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:28 PM   #8
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1407 View Post
I was in the Apple store earlier and a helpful employee told me they have enough stock to last them until Saturday although they still expect queues. See you guys there!
Thanks for the info
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:59 PM   #9
fat jez
macrumors 65816

Quote:

I queued at Cribbs last year. They quickly ran out of the unreserved 32GB iPhones on the day of release. The entrance we used was the upstairs one at the John Lewis end and there were quite a few people queuing by the time I arrived, which was about 5am from memory.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat jez View Post
I queued at Cribbs last year. They quickly ran out of the unreserved 32GB iPhones on the day of release. The entrance we used was the upstairs one at the John Lewis end and there were quite a few people queuing by the time I arrived, which was about 5am from memory.
Thanks for the tip, ill park at that end then, everyone keeps saying its the john lewis end that will be open
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:39 PM   #11
fat jez
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, ill park at that end then, everyone keeps saying its the john lewis end that will be open
the upstairs entrance beside the buses was the one that was open last year.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:41 PM   #12
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
the upstairs entrance beside the buses was the one that was open last year.
Are you going in the morning?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:41 PM   #13
fat jez
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Are you going in the morning?
no, I pre-ordered this year.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
no, I pre-ordered this year.
I did originally, but ive never been to a launch so i thought i would this year, hopefully yours will arrive in the morning then
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:48 PM   #15
fat jez
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I did originally, but ive never been to a launch so i thought i would this year, hopefully yours will arrive in the morning then
It's an interesting experience. Last year they brought us round pastries in the queue for breakfast and each person into the shop (you go in one at a time) was announced and cheered and clapped. Good luck, I hope you get the one you want
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:53 PM   #16
retrostate
macrumors newbie

look forward to seeing you all there and good luck!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:55 PM   #17
Buckles
macrumors newbie

Cribbs said this time they are opening at 07:50 when I asked. For the 4 launch they opened the top level doors by 102a at 07:00 to allow people in. The bottom doors by 065 might be the best bet if they are indeed opened early for staff.

http://www.mallcribbs.com/downloads/plan11_7.pdf

Unfortunately they are on opposite sides of the building. Both are however at the John Lewis end of the mall. I don't know which are the staff doors But the OP suggests lower level - how confident are you?

See you all there.
Buckles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Stig1990
macrumors newbie

Quote:
It's an interesting experience. Last year they brought us round pastries in the queue for breakfast and each person into the shop (you go in one at a time) was announced and cheered and clapped. Good luck, I hope you get the one you want
Yea i thought i couldnt miss it this time, thanks mate hope yours comes in the morning.

Quote:
look forward to seeing you all there and good luck!
Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckles View Post
Cribbs said this time they are opening at 07:50 when I asked. For the 4 launch they opened the top level doors by 102a at 07:00 to allow people in. The bottom doors by 065 might be the best bet if they are indeed opened early for staff.

Unfortunately they are on opposite sides of the building. Both are however at the John Lewis end of the mall. I don't know which are the staff doors But the OP suggests lower level - how confident are you?

Im pretty confident, im about 30 miles away but it wont be to long before im leaving, thanks for the info, ill head to the john lewis end first

See you all there.

----------

Quote:

See you all there.
Im pretty confident, im about 30 miles away but it wont be to long before im leaving, thanks for the info, ill head to the john lewis end first
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:50 AM   #19
Buckles
macrumors newbie

Quote:

See you all there.
Now i'm there I can confirm the following:

- arriving at 05:45 put me 50th in the queue.

- The upper level entrance next to John Lewis by 102a is the staff entrance to the mall. It's the only entrance that opens early. It opens at 05:00 for deliveries.

- the queue was outside this entrance until 06:15 when we were all let inside to queue by the store (approx 75 people)

- its now 07:45 and there are around 200 people here.

Hope that helps for future launches etc.
Buckles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:15 AM   #20
fat jez
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Now i'm there I can confirm the following:

- arriving at 05:45 put me 50th in the queue.

- The upper level entrance next to John Lewis by 102a is the staff entrance to the mall. It's the only entrance that opens early. It opens at 05:00 for deliveries.

- the queue was outside this entrance until 06:15 when we were all let inside to queue by the store (approx 75 people)

- its now 07:45 and there are around 200 people here.

Hope that helps for future launches etc.
Pretty much everything I said before!

Quote:
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:18 AM   #21
retrospek
macrumors 6502

How is the queue looking now ?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:44 AM   #22
RobS-UK
macrumors member

When I left at 9.45 (32GB white in tow, they were the first to run out) the Apple staff were saying they had handed out all the cards and allocated all stock.

After an initial slow start due to people sorting contracts etc we started speeding through the queue. As always, great service from Cribbs guys.

Edit: For reference I arrived at 6.50 and the queue was already past the Next store.
RobS-UK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups