Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james-bailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2010
Hi there, if I type http://www.icloud.com using Firefox 3.6.23 it says

Browser not supported, To use iCloud, we recommend using the latest version of Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Does anyone else have this problem? There doesnt seem to be any update for Firefox further than 3.6.23?

I have now tried with Safari, the page now loads, but after entering my log in details, the dialog box just shakes and nothing further?

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

James

Loaded1001

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Yes, same problem here "Browser not supported" with Firefox 3.6.16 on Lion - can login fine with Safari and curiously, I can use Firefox with my Windows XP machine ???

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
yes

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 434

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Welcome to the new Firefox where every release, which seems to happen every few weeks makes all sorts of stuff stop working. Last upgrade even broke Mozillas own Firefox Home for IOS, after that I gave up on Firefox.

Loaded1001

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
All I know is when I select Firefox "check for updates" I get "no updates available" - why should it be any more difficult than that !

My version is 3.6.16 so quite where I missed out on all the updates now that it's at version 7 ? But if you're saying that clicking on "check for updates" is not good enough then let me know.

Still doesn't explain why it works fine on my XP machine though !

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
All I know is when I select Firefox "check for updates" I get "no updates available" - why should it be any more difficult than that !

My version is 3.6.16 so quite where I missed out on all the updates now that it's at version 7 ? But if you're saying that clicking on "check for updates" is not good enough then let me know.

Still doesn't explain why it works fine on my XP machine though !

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

pezlaa

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
Northampton
I got the same wth Firefox 3.6.3 and Firefox saying 'no updates available'. After reading this thread, downloaded Firefox 7.0.1 and can now log on, yay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.