Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
When I go into my app store account and click mange subscriptions the option to turn off the auto renewal is there and when I slide it to off it asks for confirmation but then refreshes and it's turned itself back on.

Anyone else having the same issue?

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK
When I go into my app store account and click mange subscriptions the option to turn off the auto renewal is there and when I slide it to off it asks for confirmation but then refreshes and it's turned itself back on.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes exactly the same issue. I'm probably gonna have to subscribe to Future Music forever.

Is it me, or do newsstand subscriptions feel a bit dodgy? I'm wondering whether I should have blithely typed in my apple ID & password when subscribing. I hope the magazine publisher don't now have it stored on a grotty, un-secure CSV file on a ropey old server in Dagenham.

The pricing's rubbish too. £4.99 for one month or £14.99 for three. Even I'm numerate enough to spot the cunning 'lets make an extra 2p out of the suckers' ploy. Worse than Tescos!

And the fact that they auto-renew the subscription (with no option to buy a non-renewable one), and then the cancel doesn't work - is the kind of thing you expect when you sign up to an XXX cable TV channel (one would imagine!) - not from Apple.

----------

ps. Thanks for letting me know where the 'Manage Subscriptions' thing is - in the App Store. I'd never have thought of looking there. I was looking in the Magazine's app itself and not finding anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.