Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I would like to have all my gmail messages forwarded to my iCloud @me.com address. Easy to do in Gmail..... but how do I change the reply-from alias in iCloud to reflect my gmail address (so it appears I am replying from Gmail)?

AlsoKnownAs

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I would like to have all my gmail messages forwarded to my iCloud @me.com address. Easy to do in Gmail..... but how do I change the reply-from alias in iCloud to reflect my gmail address (so it appears I am replying from Gmail)?

Unfortunately this is currently not possible. I'd love to do the same but its not yet implemented.

2ndchancephones

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2011
Denton, TX
that is just not acceptable....you HAVE to be able to do this or most people won't use the service for that. To me, that is an ender as far as using the email application of iCloud. It looks as though it is waaaaaaay behind the other online email services such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo. I really thought that Apple would put a little more effort into iCloud than they did MM, but I guess I was wrong.

AlsoKnownAs

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
that is just not acceptable....you HAVE to be able to do this or most people won't use the service for that. To me, that is an ender as far as using the email application of iCloud. It looks as though it is waaaaaaay behind the other online email services such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo. I really thought that Apple would put a little more effort into iCloud than they did MM, but I guess I was wrong.

I just send apple feedback about this here http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

I suggest those who also want this feature to do the same.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Feedback sent. I don't think Apple will implement this however. iCloud is not MobileMe, besides its free. Just a basic way to sync all iDevices.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
is there a major reason why you cant have gmail set up as it's own account (esp if you want to send from the gmail address)? along with having iCloud mail? you can get it to push via google sync.

contacts for both emails come from the same pool on the device so that can't be the reason.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
is there a major reason why you cant have gmail set up as it's own account (esp if you want to send from the gmail address)? along with having iCloud mail? you can get it to push via google sync.

contacts for both emails come from the same pool on the device so that can't be the reason.

Sure you can. But if you want to consolidate other emails into iCloud by forwarding to iCloud, responding will have your @me.com address.

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
If you forward from mail another service to a .me accountyou have no reason to expect to be able to reply from that service unless you have it as an account on Apple Mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.