Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tearabite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
So.California
When i receive a regular SMS text message my phone makes the 'message' sound i have assigned. But when i receive an iMessage from another iPhone it makes a sound that I cant seem to set or change..

Am i missing how/where to set the sound for iMessages?

Billcosby41

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
I don't think you can change the iMessage sounds...sorry. Try looking in the iMessage app settings.

----------

Nevermind that won't work. There is probably a cydia tweak for that somewhere.

ZepFloyd

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
ahh man...i had assigned a custom tone for texts hoping that would mean the same sound would be played for iMessages since its all sent to the same "message" app, but havent received a iMessage yet to know if it works. i guess it wont? bummer if so...that should definitely be included in an update.

TheDude831

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I posted this in another thread but now I think it may be better suited here....

Is anyone having a problem with this feature? I set specific text tones for a few contacts, but when they text me (or iMessage me) the tone that goes off is the text tone I set for all text messages. I expected that I would set a text tone for all messages, and then for the 5-10 people I have custom tones for, when they text me, their custom tones would go off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.