Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
I would like to sync my work appointments on MS outlook to my iCloud calendar. In the past I have exported a csv file of my appointments and uploaded to google calendar (my company won't allow me to directly sync with cloud based calendars). While not as straightforward as it could be this system works pretty well.
However, Apple doesn't allow google calendar to sync with iCloud like it does with a mac. Is there a way to import my Outlook schedule to iCloud without typing in each individual appointment?

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
That works fine for the iPad and my iMacs at home but if I don't have my iPad with me and I ever need to look at the iCloud calendar through a web browser the events on google calendar don't show up.

It's either really stupid on Apple's part or just another way of them telling me to never leave home without an i device.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Wat? Unless your work is crazy enough to block google, why can't you go to google to view your google calendar?

iCloud is just another provider of services (with a pretty name). Going to iCloud and expecting to see your google calendar there is like going to hotmail and expecting to read your gmail there. iCloud does not synchronize with or otherwise view non-Apple web services like google calendar (and it never claimed to do so). It doesn't work that way.

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
iCloud should be able to read everything that is on my iCal calendar. If I can see it here on my iDevice or mac I should see it on iCloud. End of story.

The only reason I use google calendar in the first place is because iCal can't import csv files. Stupid! It's just plain dumb that you can't import csv files into both iCal and iCloud. The end result is that Apple is forcing people to use their competitor's product to function exactly as their own product should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.