Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lgtw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Alaska
I bought this Macbook Pro 13" about 10 days ago. This isn't THAT bad is it?

I kinda calculated I'll be hitting 300 cycles in about 30 weeks. :eek:

ScreenShot2011-10-16at45031PM.png

abdu2s

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Australia
Thats fine , Mine does the same exact thing. one day it has 102% health ,, next day it's 98% and so on

Try to drain it then fully charge it , health will go higher

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Alright, just a bit worried over how soon I'll deplete the battery over time, how much is a Macbook Pro 13" from Apple? All I'm seeing is the 15" model batteries.
It's not a straight-line depletion, so you can't accurately estimate how far it will deplete in any particular timeframe. For example, it may drop 5-10% over the first 3-6 months, but then only drop another 1% over the next year. It fluctuates up and down.

lgtw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Alaska
Thats fine , Mine does the same exact thing. one day it has 102% health ,, next day it's 98% and so on

Try to drain it then fully charge it , health will go higher

Calibrate it? Alright. Usually I get it down to 5% until I charge it anyways. :)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Calibrate it? Alright. Usually I get it down to 5% until I charge it anyways. :)
The newer MBPs with built-in batteries do not require calibration. Read the Battery FAQ. It really will answer most or all of your questions.

lgtw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Alaska
The newer MBPs with built-in batteries do not require calibration. Read the Battery FAQ. It really will answer most or all of your questions.

Okay. I was reading about the battery replacement, the 13" Macbook Pros can take the same 15" battery as advertised?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Okay. I was reading about the battery replacement, the 13" Macbook Pros can take the same 15" battery as advertised?
The batteries are built-in and must be replaced by Apple. This, too, is explained in the FAQ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.