Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
When did you see this? Did it have a sticker on it?

Does anyone know why some mark it down and other stores do not?

Not exactly sure why, but i've read somewhere on these threads that it may have been a mistake? Again, not sure because the price sticker on the rack said incase book jacket or something like that. The box itself doesnt have a tag. What a deal though! Such a great case, I got so much compliments about it. "Even though the new ipads are thinner, this case looks so professional for work!" is the quote I got from many nurses and physicians... Hanging below it was 6 incase book jackets and as soon as I saw it, I grabbed it and walked around the apple section for 15 minutes and walked back to the shelf and it was all gone and I saw the people who grabbed them waiting in line to buy it. Monkey saw, monkey wants? :D

Chestier

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2011
Problem solved INCASE Book Jacket

Having some of the same issues with my INCASE jacket slipping out of the 2nd & 3rd viewing angles my better half solved the problem. She had an item picked up at Walmart called Bumper Value Pack Soft Touch by Waxman a few bucks. They are self adhesive clear and cushioned and come in various sizes. I put 5 then 3 then 2 respectively of the large clear flat bumpers along the viewing angles-FANTASTIC. Went to my nephews birthday party that afternoon and all the kids had a great time(which I enjoyed watching) with my IPad 2. PS- It was also covered by an InvisibleSHIELD

Last edited:

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
With the invisible shield, does it slide in and out without problems in the incase case? I got my best skins ever in my drawer. And thinking about it..

Jaidineshable

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
Got this case. High quality stuff, sturdy construction. Dont mind the thickness as im gonna use it for commuting while I use my smart cover at home.

Wish it had magnets, but it aint that hard to just press the button.

The angles are actually better on this then the smart cover

The only thing is that I wish I had gotten the brown, as I have a white ipad and i thought since it went well with the black smart cover, it would go well with the black book jacket as well, but it doesnt.. However I bought mine in the US on a trip so I can not exchange now.

Still no complaints, this was a really good purchase.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
Bringing this back from the dead.

So recently pieces of my book jacket select started coming off so I contacted incase, got a replacement under warranty, etc.

Incase has redesigned this case. It actually has 3 pieces dedicated for holding it in place for viewing and the leather is different...it actually feels like a better quality material.

Unfortunately, there is still no magnet for smart cover functions.

http://goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-select-cl57922

Last edited:

dqfayi

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Happy to see this case which I found for a long time. Based on your pictures showing, could you tell me whether there are other colors such as green?:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.