Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billznik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
I'm using iOS5 beta 6 and find that in my playlist on the phone the song list is in the opposite order that I have it in iTunes. I want it to show the most recently added songs first but it shows the oldest first. I've tried switching the order on iTunes and it always displays the songs like this. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Billznik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
I had the same problem with my AppleTV a couple of years ago which I was never able to fix. But my iphone song order has always reflected the order in iTunes. I wonder if this some kind of beta bug, it's very annoying.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Same here! Not a big inconvenience to me really but yeah it's slightly annoying.

Ensoniq

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Bronx, NY
Same issue here...and not happy about it!

But it's clearly a bug...and will be resolved in iOS 5.0.1 most likely. :)

Sj00

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2009
I found a quick (but not entirely encompassing) fix for this problem: add the "Date Modified" option to your playlist, and put it in decreased date from there. Most of the dates between when they're added and modified should mostly be the same.

hoch44

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I found a quick (but not entirely encompassing) fix for this problem: add the "Date Modified" option to your playlist, and put it in decreased date from there. Most of the dates between when they're added and modified should mostly be the same.

Thanks Sj00 - This fixed the issue for me - hopefully they provide an update for it soon...

SolliVol

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2011
Quick Fix

I had the same problem. I had my main playlist named named as iPhoneSongs. I had about 900 songs that no matter what I tried my phone always started with the oldest song that I had in that list. Not the worst thing in the world, but annoying to scroll through 900 songs to get to the one that I wanted.

QUICK FIX - I created a new playlist called iPhoneSongs2. I highlighted all the songs from the playlist iPhoneSongs. Dragged the list into iPhoneSongs2 and sorted by date added (newest first). I unchecked the playlist iPhoneSongs and checked iPhoneSongs2 for sync'ing. Then Sync'ed.
DONE. And the headache stopped. :D

egufford

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
I just updated my phone to 5.1.1 and created a new playlists directly on my iPhone4s. The songs shuffle, so I can't listen in the order I created the list. No matter what I do, I can't get it to play in proper order.

This is INFURIATING, as I am a software developer and listen to ALOT of music as I work. This is a fairly short playlist of 25 or so songs, but I have others that are some 6+ hours long each, all different "types" (hardcore rock, country, classical, etc) that I have a fairly specific order to and want to listen that way.

I've checked for settings that might force it to play in sequence, but can't find anything. If creating a new playlist has this effect, I would suspect cloning it would not fix anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.