Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has updated their Steve Jobs page on their site to reflect many memories, thoughts and feelings that people have submitted about Steve Jobs since his passing.
Over a million people from all over the world have shared their memories, thoughts, and feelings about Steve. One thing they all have in common -- from personal friends to colleagues to owners of Apple products -- is how they've been touched by his passion and creativity. You can view some of these messages below.

And share your own at rememberingsteve@apple.com
Apple reports that over a million people have already shared their thoughts. The company is still soliciting thoughts by email.

Steve Jobs has seen an outpouring of support and tributes since his passing on October 5th. Apple Stores around the world have turned into makeshift memorials as fans have left flowers and notes in his memory.

Jobs was 56 years old, and had been struggling with complications related to pancreatic cancer over the past several years. Apple will be holding a privatecompany wide celebration of Steve Jobs' life on Wednesday, October 19th. The event will take place on Apple's campus in Cupertino. Apple Retail stores will be closed for several hours during the event so that employees may view a live webcast of the service.

Article Link: Apple Posts "Remembering Steve" Tributes from Fans

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
USA
I just watched the discovery channel iGenius on TV and I'm still sad. :(

It makes me want to buy an iMac G4 and G3 (I've never had a classic mac yet).

When I have kids someday I will be proud to introduce them to Apple products.

Rest in peace Steve.

Last edited:

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
This is wonderful. I'm glad that Apple decided to share these emails publicly.

Tuck

Jayse

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Gone is Steve but not his legacy. May we never forget the things he has already accomplished and the wonderful stepping stones he has laid for technology for the decades to come.

Rest in Peace.

Flavioparentiq

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Roma
Rip SJ..

But I have to say, they put the fan's post online the day android comes up with icecream and a new super phone? Looks like they are using quite a dose of cinism here.

I'm sorry but this is not a very nice move, where did Apple's good taste ended?

Kudos to you, great Steve, we'll all miss you.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Rip SJ..

But I have to say, they put the fan's post online the day android comes up with icecream and a new super phone? Looks like they are using quite a dose of cinism here.

Super phone... hmmm...it sounds like magical!

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
It's amazing to simply sit and watch these responses roll in on their website. Some truly moving words by ordinary people.

A simple one that really got to me:
I am so sad about Steve Jobs' death, he was my inspiration, someone who I wish I could be like.
-Ashot

EDIT: A few more favorites.

Steve, you are a fighter. You've fought hard all your life, but now it is time to rest.
-Anonymous

Thank you, Steve, for your vision, imagination and dreams... you are a great example of what human potential is capable of.
-Diego

Last edited:

gbnz

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2010
Extremely moving.

Thanks Apple for giving us all the opportunity to remember Steve :)

4D4M

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2005
Broken Britain
Rip SJ..

So you think Apple has an obligation to suspend their online memorial because some also-ran company is releasing a new knockoff phone? Unbelievable.

Flavioparentiq

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Roma
So you think Apple has an obligation to suspend their online memorial because some also-ran company is releasing a new knockoff phone? Unbelievable.

I'm just saying. I like to read between the lines, when it comes to corporation's moves.
Samsung&Google post poned their press conference for respect of SJ's death. You believe that? Seriously?

There is a whole mix of marketing and cinism coming from everywhere, and I like to point it out, just not to lose my own form of morality.

My 2 cents.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Rip SJ..

If you're going to post something clever and inappropriate - at least get the spelling right. Doesn't help your cause if your post demonstrates a level of illiteracy. ;)

Dear Apple Corporation... hahahahaha

No bad taste or inappropriate stuff here. Great judgement! :rolleyes:

4D4M

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2005
Broken Britain
Samsung&Google post poned their press conference for respect of SJ's death. You believe that? Seriously?

I don't recall bringing that up, but now you mention it, yes I do believe that actually. But I don't believe they did it out of respect for Steve. They did it because they didn't want a monumental event like his death to steal their thunder.

You talk of cynicism on Apple's part, while Samsung and Google blatantly rip off Apple's products, and then postpone their big launch day in a cynical PR move.

Last edited:

Truss Wrod

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
SARCASM MODE ON:

Indeed. I bet the worldwide Apple PR team stayed up all night to brainstorm a way to sabotage the launch of a new Android product. There were probably all sorts of ideas ranging from "let's send Bin Laden's son in to the press conference with a suicide vest" to "couldn't we all jump up and down at the same time to throw the world of its axis". Until finally an Apple marketing genius came up with the devilishly cunning ruse to "hey everyone. Let's run some of the tributes to Steve on our web site, That'll shut down those upstarts".

Sheesh

SARCASM MODE OFF.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
I just watched the discovery channel iGenius on TV and I'm still sad. :(

It makes me want to buy an iMac G4 and G3 (I've never had a classic mac yet).

When I have kids someday I will be proud to introduce them to Apple products.

Rest in peace Steve.

My son (12 tomorrow) was very upset about Steve passing (he's a techno like me)....he has to do a power point for school....I found him using Keynote on an iMac, with custom graphics (using Gimp)....it's truly amazing watching an 11 year old put together something so professional looking...and of course, his subject is Steve Jobs and the creation of the Apple computers....

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Seriously, we are talking about a billionaire ipod-maker here right? Not the Dalai Lama? This is consumption craze gone mad. People are starving to death everyday and nobody gives a ****, but when Steve Jobs dies the world stops. Give me a break. At least Bill Gates makes an effort to collect money for charities from other billionaires, unlike Steve Jobs. All he did was to make himself wealthy selling premium electronics.

Just read the article where Apple says they do not want to spend any of the 80 billion USD cash reserve on "silly things". I guess philantrophy counts as one of those silly things.

This off course, is said with respect for the one who died, but still -come on people.

D4F

Sep 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Seriously, we are talking about a billionaire ipod-maker here right? Not the Dalai Lama? This is consumption craze gone mad. People are starving to death everyday and nobody gives a ****, but when Steve Jobs dies the world stops. Give me a break. At least Bill Gates makes an effort to collect money for charities from other billionaires, unlike Steve Jobs. All he did was to make himself wealthy selling premium electronics.

Just read the article where Apple says they do not want to spend any of the 80 billion USD cash reserve on "silly things". I guess philantrophy counts as one of those silly things.

This off course, is said with respect for the one who died, but still -come on people.

THIS big time.
But who am I fooling... Waiting for -150 rating as this is a place where even God can't touch apple worshipers.
I like some of their products, I use some of their products, I make money with some of their products but the amount of idiots in this world is just scary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.