Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:52 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Posts "Remembering Steve" Tributes from Fans

Apple has updated their Steve Jobs page on their site to reflect many memories, thoughts and feelings that people have submitted about Steve Jobs since his passing.
Quote:
Over a million people from all over the world have shared their memories, thoughts, and feelings about Steve. One thing they all have in common -- from personal friends to colleagues to owners of Apple products -- is how they've been touched by his passion and creativity. You can view some of these messages below.

And share your own at rememberingsteve@apple.com
Apple reports that over a million people have already shared their thoughts. The company is still soliciting thoughts by email.

Steve Jobs has seen an outpouring of support and tributes since his passing on October 5th. Apple Stores around the world have turned into makeshift memorials as fans have left flowers and notes in his memory.

Jobs was 56 years old, and had been struggling with complications related to pancreatic cancer over the past several years. Apple will be holding a privatecompany wide celebration of Steve Jobs' life on Wednesday, October 19th. The event will take place on Apple's campus in Cupertino. Apple Retail stores will be closed for several hours during the event so that employees may view a live webcast of the service.

Article Link: Apple Posts "Remembering Steve" Tributes from Fans
MacRumors is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:56 AM   #2
japanime
macrumors 65816

Truly moving.

Still can't believe he's gone. RIP, Steve.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:58 AM   #3
iCaleb
macrumors 6502

I just watched the discovery channel iGenius on TV and I'm still sad.

It makes me want to buy an iMac G4 and G3 (I've never had a classic mac yet).

When I have kids someday I will be proud to introduce them to Apple products.

Rest in peace Steve.

Last edited by iCaleb; Oct 19, 2011 at 04:23 AM.
iCaleb is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:59 AM   #4
GenesisJLS
macrumors regular

He will be missed. Hopefully his vision at Apple continues on.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:02 AM   #5
The Tuck
macrumors 6502

This is wonderful. I'm glad that Apple decided to share these emails publicly.

Tuck
The Tuck is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:06 AM   #6
Jayse
macrumors regular

Gone is Steve but not his legacy. May we never forget the things he has already accomplished and the wonderful stepping stones he has laid for technology for the decades to come.

Rest in Peace.
Jayse is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:23 AM   #7
yodaxl7
macrumors 6502a

Who knows what more "magical" stuff we can buy!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:32 AM   #8
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 601

The man
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:38 AM   #9
Flavioparentiq
macrumors regular

Rip SJ..

But I have to say, they put the fan's post online the day android comes up with icecream and a new super phone? Looks like they are using quite a dose of cinism here.

I'm sorry but this is not a very nice move, where did Apple's good taste ended?

Kudos to you, great Steve, we'll all miss you.
Flavioparentiq is offline   -26 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:55 AM   #10
thebluepointe
macrumors member

Life's a bitch and then you i
thebluepointe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:56 AM   #11
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavioparentiq View Post
Rip SJ..

But I have to say, they put the fan's post online the day android comes up with icecream and a new super phone? Looks like they are using quite a dose of cinism here.

Super phone... hmmm...it sounds like magical!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:59 AM   #12
ziggyonice
macrumors 68020

It's amazing to simply sit and watch these responses roll in on their website. Some truly moving words by ordinary people.

A simple one that really got to me:
Quote:
I am so sad about Steve Jobs' death, he was my inspiration, someone who I wish I could be like.
-Ashot

EDIT: A few more favorites.

Quote:
Steve, you are a fighter. You've fought hard all your life, but now it is time to rest.
-Anonymous
Quote:
Thank you, Steve, for your vision, imagination and dreams... you are a great example of what human potential is capable of.
-Diego

Last edited by ziggyonice; Oct 19, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
ziggyonice is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:07 AM   #13
mbhebsgaard
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanime View Post
Truly moving.

Still can't believe he's gone. RIP, Steve.
Exactly how I fell - he was so much Apple that it hard not to think of him all the time when you are surrounded by Apple products
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:11 AM   #14
gbnz
macrumors newbie

Extremely moving.

Thanks Apple for giving us all the opportunity to remember Steve
gbnz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:20 AM   #15
4D4M
macrumors regular

Quote:
Rip SJ..

So you think Apple has an obligation to suspend their online memorial because some also-ran company is releasing a new knockoff phone? Unbelievable.
4D4M is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:32 AM   #16
Flavioparentiq
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D4M View Post
So you think Apple has an obligation to suspend their online memorial because some also-ran company is releasing a new knockoff phone? Unbelievable.
I'm just saying. I like to read between the lines, when it comes to corporation's moves.
Samsung&Google post poned their press conference for respect of SJ's death. You believe that? Seriously?

There is a whole mix of marketing and cinism coming from everywhere, and I like to point it out, just not to lose my own form of morality.

My 2 cents.
Flavioparentiq is offline   -9 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:42 AM   #17
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Rip SJ..

If you're going to post something clever and inappropriate - at least get the spelling right. Doesn't help your cause if your post demonstrates a level of illiteracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asclepio View Post
Dear Apple Corporation... hahahahaha
No bad taste or inappropriate stuff here. Great judgement!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:52 AM   #18
4D4M
macrumors regular

Quote:
Samsung&Google post poned their press conference for respect of SJ's death. You believe that? Seriously?
I don't recall bringing that up, but now you mention it, yes I do believe that actually. But I don't believe they did it out of respect for Steve. They did it because they didn't want a monumental event like his death to steal their thunder.

You talk of cynicism on Apple's part, while Samsung and Google blatantly rip off Apple's products, and then postpone their big launch day in a cynical PR move.

Last edited by 4D4M; Oct 19, 2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typo
4D4M is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:57 AM   #19
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
If you're going to post something clever and inappropriate - at least get the spelling right. Doesn't help your cause if your post demonstrates a level of illiteracy.
Or maybe English being a second language?
farleysmaster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:22 AM   #20
stridemat

I like this one:

Quote:
Steve
We may have lost a visionary, but we have certainly gained an angel. Rest in peace Steve*
Andrea
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:23 AM   #21
AppleMark
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by farleysmaster View Post
Or maybe English being a second language?
Yeah, I noticed that too. You should see my french..

But he did make a silly point to be fair, so it is all good.., even though I thought that trying to post clever and inappropriate stuff was a prime requisite of this forum
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:35 AM   #22
Truss Wrod
macrumors newbie

SARCASM MODE ON:

Indeed. I bet the worldwide Apple PR team stayed up all night to brainstorm a way to sabotage the launch of a new Android product. There were probably all sorts of ideas ranging from "let's send Bin Laden's son in to the press conference with a suicide vest" to "couldn't we all jump up and down at the same time to throw the world of its axis". Until finally an Apple marketing genius came up with the devilishly cunning ruse to "hey everyone. Let's run some of the tributes to Steve on our web site, That'll shut down those upstarts".

Sheesh

SARCASM MODE OFF.
Truss Wrod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:55 AM   #23
DudeDad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaleb View Post
I just watched the discovery channel iGenius on TV and I'm still sad.

It makes me want to buy an iMac G4 and G3 (I've never had a classic mac yet).

When I have kids someday I will be proud to introduce them to Apple products.

Rest in peace Steve.
My son (12 tomorrow) was very upset about Steve passing (he's a techno like me)....he has to do a power point for school....I found him using Keynote on an iMac, with custom graphics (using Gimp)....it's truly amazing watching an 11 year old put together something so professional looking...and of course, his subject is Steve Jobs and the creation of the Apple computers....
DudeDad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:13 AM   #24
lamerica80
macrumors 6502

Seriously, we are talking about a billionaire ipod-maker here right? Not the Dalai Lama? This is consumption craze gone mad. People are starving to death everyday and nobody gives a ****, but when Steve Jobs dies the world stops. Give me a break. At least Bill Gates makes an effort to collect money for charities from other billionaires, unlike Steve Jobs. All he did was to make himself wealthy selling premium electronics.

Just read the article where Apple says they do not want to spend any of the 80 billion USD cash reserve on "silly things". I guess philantrophy counts as one of those silly things.

This off course, is said with respect for the one who died, but still -come on people.
lamerica80 is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:25 AM   #25
D4F

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerica80 View Post
Seriously, we are talking about a billionaire ipod-maker here right? Not the Dalai Lama? This is consumption craze gone mad. People are starving to death everyday and nobody gives a ****, but when Steve Jobs dies the world stops. Give me a break. At least Bill Gates makes an effort to collect money for charities from other billionaires, unlike Steve Jobs. All he did was to make himself wealthy selling premium electronics.

Just read the article where Apple says they do not want to spend any of the 80 billion USD cash reserve on "silly things". I guess philantrophy counts as one of those silly things.

This off course, is said with respect for the one who died, but still -come on people.
THIS big time.
But who am I fooling... Waiting for -150 rating as this is a place where even God can't touch apple worshipers.
I like some of their products, I use some of their products, I make money with some of their products but the amount of idiots in this world is just scary.
D4F is offline   -2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion