Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2011
NY
not sure if this was undocumented but you can now create photo albums within the photo.app!

click edit on top right corner and then 'add' button on top left.

finally can organize the photo in the camera roll and/or photo library!

u can copy pics in the new album but then u cannot delete the original pics out of the camera roll

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
You can. My wife and I share an iTunes/iCloud account. Yesterday, she set a reminder from her iPhone 4 (while at home) and set it to alarm when "leaving: work". Because we share the account, this reminder was sync'd to my phone 4S. When I left work, it alarmed on my 4S.

Honeydo lists in the 21st century.

But you can't share Reminders lists between multiple iCloud accounts from the phone itself, which is what I meant (sorry if I wasn't clear). My wife and I don't share an iCloud account.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
I haven't read all the post so I don't know if it was mentioned, but I now love that I can attach more than 1 photo to an email.

This feature has been there since iOS 4.x.

I still hate that they limit you to 5 photos per email (unless you copy/paste them in groups of 5).

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
This feature has been there since iOS 4.x.

I still hate that they limit you to 5 photos per email (unless you copy/paste them in groups of 5).

Wow, I didn't even notice it before now. Well great feature...I think they limit it to 5 because there is a size limit on most email accounts of how big the email can be.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Wow, I didn't even notice it before now. Well great feature...I think they limit it to 5 because there is a size limit on most email accounts of how big the email can be.

Sort of makes sense, but it should just throw a warning when the email is over XX MB's especially since it does ask if you want to reduce the size of the images before sending.

phooi

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2007
Safari - Back arrow shows history

Didn't see this when I searched this thread.

If you long press the back browse arrow on Safari on iPad, it now shows your browsing history on that tab.

Not sure about iPhone since I don't have one.

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
If you have duplicate contacts in your iCloud Contacts List and your Exchange Contacts List, and you are viewing "All Contacts", it is displayed as a single contact under the heading "Unified Info" and it identifies the "Linked Cards".

It is not 100%, but close. I wish there were a way to force it to link the cards for the ones it missed, but I can't see how to do that.

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
I came across this in regards to sharing iCloud Reminders and Calendars that is not documented and REALLY cool. Created a Grocery list and shared it with my wife and we could both add and check items - just the way it should work.

http://justinfrench.com/notebook/sharing-todo-lists-with-ios-5s-reminders-app

I saw that option in calendar on iCloud.com but thought it was pretty stupid (we already share a calendar), but if your saying you can keep an on going grocery list that you can add and delete items, that's pretty cool!

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
If you long press the back browse arrow on Safari on iPad, it now shows your browsing history

More Safari goodness: if you hold down the new tab button you get a list of closed tabs and you can reopen them. You can also rearrange the tabs by dragging them left or right.

llps

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
Helpful Tips - Weather App

Wish I had some hot tips to share but honestly, I can't even find the weather app!! Anybody willing to share with this info with a novice? Thanks!

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
More Safari goodness: if you hold down the new tab button you get a list of closed tabs and you can reopen them. You can also rearrange the tabs by dragging them left or right.

Thanks for that one. It seems like every day I am finding out something new iOS 5. Love this upgrade. :p

wadawow

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Wish I had some hot tips to share but honestly, I can't even find the weather app!! Anybody willing to share with this info with a novice? Thanks!

It's the sunshine w/ 73 degrees on it :) Also you can touch the top of your screen (by the ear speaker) and pull down, it's at the top. Click it to go to the weather app or slide to the right or left to see the forecast.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

You can also use Spotlight Search (left-most screen) to search for the Weather app. Just type in "Weather" and it should show up. It won't show you where it's located but you can there from it.

ckoerner

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
St. Louis, MO
You can use the device while syncing. Threw me off when I synced for the first time because I didn't see the usual "Sync in progress" screen. There is a little chasing arrows in the top of the screen next to the Wifi signal strength.

A piece of trivia. That icon dates back to the original iPod.

vvJFzl.jpg

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Something i just noticed, i haven't found this in the thread yet so i wanted to mention it because it was SOOOOO damn annoying.

On 4.3.5 if you had a message screen up with someone and decided you didn't want to lock it and didn't want to go to the home screen because you knew you would text that person again soon you sometimes just threw the phone on your bed or couch and would get that nice notification pop up that says:

Nothing to Undo
With the only button that says "cancel"

THIS IS FINALLY GONE!!!

If you haven't typed something yet and shake it, it wont try to undo nothing!!

jon54321

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
I saw that option in calendar on iCloud.com but thought it was pretty stupid (we already share a calendar), but if your saying you can keep an on going grocery list that you can add and delete items, that's pretty cool!

Agreed, I've tried and don't see how a grocery list can be set up. Can you share details on the steps to get this going?

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
Agreed, I've tried and don't see how a grocery list can be set up. Can you share details on the steps to get this going?

I just set it up, but havnt tried it in real world yet.

Goto icloud on your pc or mac. Create a reminder topic under calendars. Share that reminder with whoever you want (you can also share calenders with anyone). I setup a grocery and family todo list. I cant even get my wife to record checking account withdrawls, so will have to see how well this works...

by the way, old trick if anyone hasnt seen it

click on link on any ios device to automatically add a U.S. holiday in your calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/usa@holiday.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

if clicking doesnt work, copy/ paste to:
settings>mail,contacts,calendar>add account>other>add subscribed calendar

Last edited:

jon54321

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
I just set it up, but havnt tried it in real world yet.

Goto icloud on your pc or mac. Create a reminder topic under calendars. Share that reminder with whoever you want (you can also share calenders with anyone). I setup a grocery and family todo list. I cant even get my wife to record checking account withdrawls, so will have to see how well this works...

I got that far, just not sure how to create items on the list. Looks like for each entry you would have to set it up to remind you every day. This could be tedious with a long grocery list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.