Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA
I need a new bluetooth headset, but I have a few requirements, and am hoping one of you will have some insight.

I have a bluetooth headset already, the Plantronics Voyager Pro+, but I have grown increasingly disappointed with the fact that it will only connect to two devices at once.

I need a device that will connect to at least three devices - my MacBook Pro, my iPad, and my iPhone 4S, but I am not sure how to look for that when shopping for a device. MultiPoint can mean a lot of things.

I'd also prefer a set of wireless headphones that are circumnaural, fitting completely over the ear and helping to block out background noise. Also, I definitely need an included (preferably subtle) microphone, as I'll be using this with my iPhone for calls and with my Mac for Skype. I don't mind if the headphones take up a USB port.

So, my requirements for the wireless headphones are as follows:

Capable of simultaneously connecting to at least three devices.
Circumnaural (covering the entire ear).
Built-in microphone.
Required USB connection is OK.

Do any of you currently use something that would meet all of these requirements, or at least have some good recommendations to get my started? Price is not an object, but I do like to be frugal.

Thanks!

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I just bought the Logitech Clearchat one with USB adaptor to work with Dragon Dictate, based on a review but have no idea if you can pair to two devices. It would seem with a USB adaptor you could not as it is looking for that radio and that radio only.

You might want to look at the Blue Parrot brand.

makua

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Headset to use for calls on iPhone 4s

Apologize in advance, this is my first post on this site. Thanks for this post, I am looking for the same thing. My use case is primarily for marathon conference calls and I have been unsuccessful with in ear devices.

Sorry for rookie question- With the Logitech stereo headset, do I need to look for certain types of adapters to use with iphone as opposed to a pc usb connection.

Thanks in advance for your patience and advice.

makua

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Blue Parrot Incompatibility

One more question/comment: I had a blue parrot "road warrior" in the past but it was not compatible with an iPhone. When I called customer service they said, "sorry, we don't work with an iPhone, try a blackberry again." No thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.