Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcardlek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I too have had pretty poor battery life with my 4S. I restored the phone and set it up as new since this regularly fixes strange issues. I've added iCloud and exchange back on and every 2-6 mins an awdd message is in diagnostics. No idea what it is but I'm trying to figure out root cause.

I've completely discharged the phone twice to "calibrate it" and yesterday the phone was at 1% at 8:45

5 hours 20 mins of usage
14 hours 12 mins of standby

Mostly email/web and messaging for the day.

looter

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
I too have had pretty poor battery life with my 4S. I restored the phone and set it up as new since this regularly fixes strange issues. I've added iCloud and exchange back on and every 2-6 mins an awdd message is in diagnostics. No idea what it is but I'm trying to figure out root cause.

I've completely discharged the phone twice to "calibrate it" and yesterday the phone was at 1% at 8:45

5 hours 20 mins of usage
14 hours 12 mins of standby

Mostly email/web and messaging for the day.

I’ve got maybe 100 or so AWDD messages and several LowMemory ones as well since iOS 5. I’m using the MobileRSS app which has issues since iOS 5. Not sure if this is the culprit.

kumquat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
What is awdd? I have tons of diagnostic notes about this too and have terrible battery life.

obii

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
I was seeing the same issue. My battery life was very bad due to this. Yesterday I reset the network settings and since then everything seems to be fine.

No diagnostic log entries have appeared since the network reset.

The battery life of my 4S still is nowhere near my 4 but it seems to be acceptable now.

dalfiuss

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
From what I can tell, AWDD messages are created whenever any other debug message occurs, as long as Automatically Send is selected. Selecting Don't Send has prevented any of these messages from appearing for me in the last 3 days.

I assume AWDD stands for Apple/Automatic W Daily/Diagnostic Diagnostic/Data or something to that effect.

If you look at the data inside, all of the initial fields lead me to believe this is just a wrapper for the actual debug messages, including general information that Apple would want to have to troubleshoot the issues.

I'm not sure why a ton of these stay on the phone when every other diagnostic message has disappeared after a short while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.