Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following last week's launch of the iPhone 4S in the first batch of seven countries, Apple is set to debut the new device in 22 more countries next Friday, October 28th. Apple's online stores in many of those new countries began taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4S today, giving customers in the new markets the chance to join the queue for delivery. The new launch countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

iphone_4s_preorder_singapore.png

Apple does not operate online stores in all of those markets, however, and thus the new pre-orders for unlocked iPhone 4S models through Apple are only available in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Customers in other countries and those looking to purchase subsidized units on contract may be able to arrange for pre-orders through their local iPhone carrier partners.

Rather than promising October 28th delivery for iPhone 4S pre-orders in the new batch of countries, Apple is currently citing shipping estimates of 1-2 weeks. It is unknown if Apple is planning to meet the original October 28th date or if availability will slip slightly in the face of strong demand in markets where the device has already launched. Apple announced opening weekend sales of four million units for the iPhone 4S, more than double that of the iPhone 4 last year.

Article Link: Apple Opens Up Pre-Orders for Next Round of iPhone 4S Launches

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
i love singapore (used to live there) and it is unlocked in all the carriers - though it is small city/state

and it has more % penetration for iDevices per population

Vantaa Mike

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Vantaa, Finland
Really awesome that our small country of Finland gets the i phone 4S this quickly. Usually the wait is several months. Apple is really firing on all cylinders. ;)

eidsvold

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
Just bought my first iPhone, a 16gb black one for a about 880 dollars in the Norwegian Apple Store, expected between 7. and 14. november. I sure hope it's worth it! :D

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
seems like you can do it in Germany as well for

629€/739€/849€

not a bad deal, but no 4G/LTE is a deal breaker at that price.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Just pre-ordered a white 32GB 4S! Thanks for letting us know MacRumors, been waiting for this :D

Still waiting for confirmation e-mail though

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
Good move

I think this is a really good way of managing the rollout of new hardware. Customer expectations are kept reasonable and purchasers can get special attention or purchase information if they require it.
I bet Apple will reach supply/demand balance for the 4S pretty quickly, though. They've had a lot of practice at building and shipping this form factor already and the A5 fabs have been churning out the chip for the iPad 2 for quite some time.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I'm just glad it wasn't as big a fuss as pre-orders in the first 7 countries with people having to try Apple or their service providers website to try and connect through. Great start to my weekend I must say

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Seems like the international rollout is speeding ahead this time. We should see some fairly impressive numbers in this quarter.

People often forget that while Apple is an amazingly innovative company it's also, thanks to Tim Cook, a ferociously efficient one. They manage supply chains and distribution with exceptional prowess. Hence the amazing profits they're able to achieve.

For all those about to get their first iPhone, how I envy you! As amazing as each subsequent iPhone has been I will never have the same feeling I had when I bought my 3GS. If it's your first smartphone then even better! I love smartphones. They are, without doubt, the most exciting area of technology right now.

acidfast7

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
EU
their service providers website to try and connect through

That's what is great about prepaid SIM cards and unlocked phones. Just drop it in an go. Recharge online or by SMS.

Zero hassle. No online activation BS.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I got me 2 64gb whites with a delivery date between 1/11 and 9/11 :apple:

Did they give you those dates in the confirmation email? Still waiting for mine

Edit: never mind. Found the dates when I went to check the order status: Processing Items Ships: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 03 Nov, 2011 - 09 Nov, 2011
What happened to oct 28th!
----------

That's what is great about prepaid SIM cards and unlocked phones. Just drop it in an go. Recharge online or by SMS.

Zero hassle. No online activation BS.

Yeah. I have a prepaid sim myself

Last edited:

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Apparently South Korea is lower on the list than Latvia, Liechtenstein and Slovakia.

I wonder when they will ever get the iPhone 4S :rolleyes:

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Yup, I ordered mine. I'm located in Denmark.

Looking forward to getting it! It seems like this years iPhone launch has been very smooth in regard to hardware failures and glitches in general. Especially when you consider the antenna-gate hoopla of last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.