Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cinek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
just got my new bumper for my 4s, but the power button isn't working properly. It keeps on being pressed, I can move the top part of the bumper up a bit, but it slides back down after a few mins making the power button unusable ;/ any ideas what I can do? it works fine on my iphone 4 :S

davidp71

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
I have exactly the same problem. I've just upgraded to the 4S from a 3GS so this is my first experience of using a bumper. Is this issue related to a faulty batch of bumpers, or is there a 4S compatibility issue (something I find hard to believe considering they have the same form factor)?

cinek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
I have exactly the same problem. I've just upgraded to the 4S from a 3GS so this is my first experience of using a bumper. Is this issue related to a faulty batch of bumpers, or is there a 4S compatibility issue (something I find hard to believe considering they have the same form factor)?

the bumber has been redesigned to fit the iPhone 4S - there was an issue with the mute button.... I'm not sure if it's a faulty batch or not. Have you tried calling apple?

Chrispy650

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
weird I have an apple bumper from ebay so it's fake but it fits perfectly and all the buttons work just fine.

bradkrischel

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I went to the Apple Store in St Louis yesterday about this exact issue. The employee removed the bumper from my 4S, and placed it on numerous other display 4S's at the store. The bumper fit perfect on all of the display models at the store, so the employee concluded that there must be something slightly different about my phone. Since I ordered through Apple's website and didn't purchase through the store, I would have to make a technical appointment to get it replaced, but they said they would replace it as long as it was within 30 days. Hope this helps!

dogafin

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2013
I know it's late but here is the fix. I just found this out today, wish I had owned an iPhone when it first came out. Would've helped a lot of ppl with this problem. I did not come across this fix anywhere else, found this out myself.

Fix: there is a sticker under the power button of the bumper, get a small pin or exacto knife, carefully peel it up. This should reveal the metal piece. In doing so, creates more space between the bumper and the iPhone allowing for some wiggle room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.