Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

CBS has posted the full 60 Minutes interview with Steve Jobs biographer Walter Isaacson, including a number of extras that weren't included in the broadcast piece. The double-length interview promotes Jobs' authorized biography which goes on sale tomorrow in the United States, and is already available on iBooks in some parts of the world.

Part 1:

Part 2:

The Steve Jobs Family photo album:

What did Steve Jobs say about his rivals?:

Embedded videos require Flash. View Part 1 and Part 2 on YouTube.

Article Link: The Full Walter Isaacson/Steve Jobs Interview From 60 Minutes

inlovewithi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
I wonder how he came across to the 60 minute viewer. Guess I'll find out reading some comments.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I dont understand. Part 1 and 2 combined is about 30 minutes. 60 minute episodes are about 42 minutes.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I'm reading the biography right now :)

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-24%20at%2000.44.12.png

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Amazing stuff. I hope David Fincher will do a film based on the biography, considering how good it went with "The Social Network".

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Very touching clip about his family. I especially like how one of his daughters said that it took a while but they eventually came to accept that he was gone so often because he really loved Apple. I relate to that very well as my father worked long hours while I was growing up. He'd come home from work, we'd eat dinner and he would watch TV for an hour before going to bed. Our vacations were also very long ones though (3 weeks to 1 month) so it helped to bond during that time. I didn't really understand why he did what he did until I got married and had my own son which, of course, completely changed the way I see things.

I guess I'm fortunate that my father is going to retire next July.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I'm trying to use Firefox's download helper, saves flash video, and the video isn't showing up in the download options. :(

Anyone know a way to save these?

I'm reading the biography right now :)

Is that the pre-sale showing up from iBooks?

GenesisJLS

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
That episode of 60 Minutes was fantastic, and the audio from Walter's interviews with Jobs was surprising. The best part of 60 minutes was the fact that Steve Jobs actually met his biological father before knowing who his biological father really was.

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
The taped interviews are amazing.

I always wanted to get a sense of Jobs' personality away from talking about technology and listening to Isaacson's conversations with him helped.
All in all, the coverage is pretty reasonable and balanced, I hope the book is too.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I dont understand. Part 1 and 2 combined is about 30 minutes. 60 minute episodes are about 42 minutes.

60 Minutes (the show) has three segments of roughly 15 minutes each. The Jobs segment was the first. What you are able to download is the segment that was televised, with additional content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.