Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
California
I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 earlier today and I was trying to upload photos but wasn't able to get my photos the usual way (connect iPhone to iMac, open iPhoto, then select photos/import all, and be done with it). In fact, iPhoto didn't see any photos that are in my iPhone's camera roll (under photos). The thing is, my iPhone is showing that all my photos are indeed in the camera roll.

Did upgrading to iOS 5 "reset" the contents in the camera roll or is there a deeper issue between iPhoto and iOS 5?

Also, aside from iCloud or emailing photos, what are the other ways to still be able to get photos into iPhoto from the iPhone?

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
I had this problem a couple of times but since a reboot of both my Mac and iPhone this hasn't happened since.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
different problem, same application

With me, some of the photos I want to import from iPhoto to my iPhone don't come up. Based on what I'm selecting in iTunes, I should have ~1200 photos syncing to my phone. After I sync the selected albums, I only have around 1100, so 100 or so photos aren't being transferred. This only started since I upgraded to iOS 5.

I don't receive an error either.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
California
This problem just got worse.

Before I state what my new issue is, I should say that I searched Apple's own community forums and I did find a couple of other threads that have posted issues regarding iOS 5, iTunes, iPhoto, and other iOS to computer syncing problems.

Earlier tonight, I plugged my iPhone running iOS 5 into my iMac for a sync using the dock to USB method. iTunes saw my iPhone just fine. However, when I went over to import photos, iPhoto did not even see the iPhone as device/camera. This is a real concern as something in either iPhoto or iOS 5 is broken.

I'll be submitting this bug to Apple tomorrow and hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
I think a temporary fix is ejecting the iPhone in iTunes, physically unplugging it, closing iPhoto, then replugging it in and opening iPhoto.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I think a temporary fix is ejecting the iPhone in iTunes, physically unplugging it, closing iPhoto, then replugging it in and opening iPhoto.

This works for me as well, I'm currently running iPhoto '09, and I'm suspecting this problem will go away for me if I upgraded to the current version.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
California

I tried, it doesn't work for me.

This works for me as well, I'm currently running iPhoto '09, and I'm suspecting this problem will go away for me if I upgraded to the current version.

I have the latest version of iPhoto which is iPhoto '11 and experiencing issues with it. This is why I am suspecting the issue is really lies with iOS 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.