Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
exactly what the title says. No matter what I do changes it. The stupid thing keeps getting hung up at either 96,97, or 99% every time I charge the damn thing. It'll be stuck at either 95/97% for 10 minutes and then ill unplug it and turn it off and turn it back on (usually does the trick to make it read 100) and it will only go to 99%. Ive even let the battery drain to below 90% and recharged it and its still stuck.

this is annoying.

djuzi05

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2011
doing that now. except its forcing me to download ios5 onto my mac!

I ALREADY downloaded ios5 onto my mac when I updated my iPad. not to mention the 4S COMES WITH iOS5! stupid

Umm yeah because there's a different iOS5 restore file for every iProduct

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Macbooks do this exact thing... it never charges fully to 100% unless you re-calibrate the battery.
However, my iphone 4 never did this.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
isn't this part of the trickly charge where it takes 2 hrs to top off and go from 80% to 100?

SomeonePlzHelp

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
California
Macbooks do this exact thing... it never charges fully to 100% unless you re-calibrate the battery.
However, my iphone 4 never did this.

Yeah this;.......................................VVV...........
k05wye.png

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
woooow. I just restored it and lost all of my apps AGAIN. isn't THE WHOLE POINT OF A BACKUP TO RESTORE ALL OF THE STUFF THAT WAS ON YOUR IPHONE PREVIOUSLY?

It did this with my iPad and now my iPhone. what the ****. this never happened to me when I got a replacement iPhone 4 and set up the new one from a previous backup.

I think its this BS iCloud crap. I don't want to have to manually redownload the apps on my phone I want them back on my device from the backup in the first place. apple is so ****ing dumb with things sometimes.

SomeonePlzHelp

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
California
woooow. I just restored it and lost all of my apps AGAIN. isn't THE WHOLE POINT OF A BACKUP TO RESTORE ALL OF THE STUFF THAT WAS ON YOUR IPHONE PREVIOUSLY?

It did this with my iPad and now my iPhone. what the ****. this never happened to me when I got a replacement iPhone 4 and set up the new one from a previous backup.

I think its this BS iCloud crap. I don't want to have to manually redownload the apps on my phone I want them back on my device from the backup in the first place. apple is so ****ing dumb with things sometimes.

Maybe if you nerd-rage like a fat little ginger kid a little harder it will fix everything.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC

Did you let it finish syncing everything (including music and video) or did you interrupt it any point? It should take a few hours, how long did it take on your phone?

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
iCloud backup DOES restore all your apps and even puts them in the same place on your iPhone.

I bought the 4S at the Apple store (and my 4 already had iCloud). As soon as I logged in and chose to restore from iCloud backup, it downloaded all the apps and everything back into place.

Just make sure that you are backing up to iCloud and not to the computer. By default, I believe, the phone backups are stored on iTunes. You have to change the option to use iCloud backup.

mastercheif91

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
My Macbook and my iPhone both do this on occasion. Nothing to worry about, just use the device as normal and next time you charge it you should hit 100%. I find it happens more often if I recharge my device when it is still above 90%.

Relax! :D

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
iCloud backup DOES restore all your apps and even puts them in the same place on your iPhone.

I bought the 4S at the Apple store (and my 4 already had iCloud). As soon as I logged in and chose to restore from iCloud backup, it downloaded all the apps and everything back into place.

Just make sure that you are backing up to iCloud and not to the computer. By default, I believe, the phone backups are stored on iTunes. You have to change the option to use iCloud backup.

wow really? So basically apple is forcing you to use iCloud. I backed both devices to my computer and thats why it wouldn't restore my apps.

I don't want to back up to iCloud. its confusing and a pain in the ass. every time I try backing up my iPad to iCloud from the device itself it won't work and hangs up. then when I plug it into iTunes and its set to "backup to iCloud" it doesn't say when its backing up and I can't find anything to let me back up manually on the computer.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
My Macbook and my iPhone both do this on occasion. Nothing to worry about, just use the device as normal and next time you charge it you should hit 100%. I find it happens more often if I recharge my device when it is still above 90%.

Relax! :D

It seems to be for the iphone 4S only... since my iphone 4 doesn't do this.

FYDave

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
This happens to me every once in a while with the 4S. Only a few times so far but I just unplug it from the charger and then plug it back in. Seems to hit 100% then with no issues.

2cool4games

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
Try shutting it down. Restart it. My battery was stuck at low when it was plugged in. All I had to do is restart it.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Do these devices really maintain a 100% charge all the time. I thought that once a full charge is reached the charging stops until some lower level is reached.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

There are two types of Restore.

1. Restore from back up
2. Restore as new.

If you restore from back up, it should restore everything back into your phone.

If you restore as new, you will have to start from scratch, manually adding back your contacts, photos, music, apps, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.