Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:45 AM   #1
earlycuyler
macrumors member

iPhone 4S: Only 1 speaker working?

I'm posting this mainly to ensure that I'm not either missing a setting or somehow testing using the wrong material before I take my phone back, but here goes:

I got my iPhone 4S about a week and a half ago. When I got it I noticed that alert sounds, etc. were only coming through one speaker. At the time I just figured that alert sounds must only use one speaker and I didn't really think much more about it.

I don't play a lot of music through my phone's speakers, but yesterday I was streaming a radio show through the phone. As I was listening I unhooked it from the headphones and picked the phone up. As I picked it up my finger covered one of the speakers and it was like hitting a mute button. So, obviously the other speaker wasn't working. I was hoping maybe it was just the source material somehow, but I tried it with several songs stored on the phone (both purchased from iTunes and ripped to iTunes), and still nothing from that speaker.

So, is there something else I can try? Am I missing something? If not, this guy is heading back to the store.
earlycuyler is offline   -55 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone