iPhone 4 iOS5 stolen, thief still receiving my iMessages - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:21 PM   #1
andrewhdn
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 iOS5 stolen, thief still receiving my iMessages

My iPhone was stolen last week. I did a remote wipe, but the thief is still receiving my iMessages from other friends with iOS5. I would really appreciate any help.

What I've done:
  • I called Verizon, and they redirected me to Applecare.
  • I called Applecare, and they said to change my Apple ID password.
  • I did this and sent my number an iMessage from my friend's phone; it was delivered and read.
  • I called Applecare again, and they said to get the ID cancelled through iTunes.
  • I contacted iTunes, and they said that iMessage is not associated with Apple ID, and cancelling my Apple ID will not stop the stolen phone from receiving my iMessages.
  • I changed my Apple ID email, password, and billing address in hopes that it would do something to disassociate my Apple ID from iMessage. No luck.

I really don't know what to do now. I don't like that my stolen phone is receiving messages from my friends.

Thanks!
andrewhdn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting