Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bakerboy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Tried searching, nothing similar appeared during my search (if you managed to feel free to reply with the usual search noob, but make sure you include a link to your search :) )

ok here's my story
For the 2nd time (wasting 1.5gb of my 3gb monthly download :mad: ) I get the message "The software for the iPhone was corrupted during download" - error 1403

I'm using my iphone4 as my personal hotspot, running Norton 360, windows7 64bit. Before I completly lose it, what might be some glaringly obvious issues?

The previous software udate 4.3.5 was fine using Vista on my old computer

Thanks guys

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Tried searching, nothing similar appeared during my search (if you managed to feel free to reply with the usual search noob, but make sure you include a link to your search :) )

ok here's my story
For the 2nd time (wasting 1.5gb of my 3gb monthly download :mad: ) I get the message "The software for the iPhone was corrupted during download" - error 1403

I'm using my iphone4 as my personal hotspot, running Norton 360, windows7 64bit. Before I completly lose it, what might be some glaringly obvious issues?

The previous software udate 4.3.5 was fine using Vista on my old computer

Thanks guys

Perhaps you could try downloading the files directly from Apple's site. Links to the files are in the below thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1247406/

bakerboy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
ok, so not through itunes?

Also as i'm in Australia, on a iphone4, i would assume the link i need is the iphone4 GSM (as per post #4)?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
ok, so not through itunes?

Also as i'm in Australia, on a iphone4, i would assume the link i need is the iphone4 GSM (as per post #4)?

Which carrier are you on? Or is there only one? I'm in the US so I'm not familiar with Australian cellular carriers/technology. I did search Google a bit though and I believe GSM is the correct one.

bakerboy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Which carrier are you on? Or is there only one? I'm in the US so I'm not familiar with Australian cellular carriers/technology. I did search Google a bit though and I believe GSM is the correct one.

With "3" which is now effectivly merged with "Vodaphone". Another carrier is Telstra. I do believe it will be the GSM link, just hoping someone has had and solved this issue before i waste another 800mb

bakerboy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
last billing period i got stung biggggg time due to over usage of data, bit reluctant to try it atm until later in the month and i can waste some of that data, still have a gig or more on the phones allocation

bakerboy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
good people of mac rumors, it has been solved :D

this link, https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1247406/ ,but clicking on restore not update like the first post

currently restoring now, thanks a million guys

Just to sum it up:
1) If you wish to update to iOS55 but get the message "iOS5 corrupted during download" click on the link above.
2) Select your device
3) Save to C:\Users\[comp name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\i Tunes\ iPhone Software Updates
4) With the device selected in iTunes click Restore not update as mentioned in the links first post
5) Sit back, let it do its thing, restore to previous settings etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.