Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robwormald

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
My (albeit very limited) experiences with Steve Cano when I was a retail employee were not positive. He always struck me as very much a Best Buy / Curry's type of manager, as opposed to RJ. His push was very much for sales / service metrics when he came on board (as opposed to the previous customer satisfaction metrics).

Glad to see Apple isn't putting this guy in charge of retail Ops

tmroper

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
Palo Alto
They may not be wearing suits, but they look like total "suits" to me. I don't get any kind of Apple creative vibe from that photo at all. Without Steve, I have to wonder who's going to keep the left brain MBA types in their place.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I think the article is mis-leading or confusing it's facts. They tout him as an example of how you can rise to the top from a sales associate, then state that he STARTED as a manager of a store.

Not the same thing, and getting from "unnoticed sales monkey" to "manager" is quite a fight in the jungle, IMHO.

This is very true.

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The weirdest looking person on the planet just got replaced by the 2nd weirdest looking person on the planet.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
cano_johnson_osaka.jpg

Johnson's using a flip-phone, right?

The weirdest looking person on the planet just got replaced by the 2nd weirdest looking person on the planet.

Cano isn't hard on the eyes....

LLIBSETAG

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Ron Johnson & Steve Jobs

Hopefully I am wrong, but I do not recall reading any statement from Ron Johnson regarding Steve Jobs' death..?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.