Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I do like the feature that wakes you at the "right" time.
Interesting to see if it works and improves one's morning routine.
It works quite well when you give it long enough to learn your patterns.

I used this a while back with the Sleep Cycle app for iPhone and it really did improve my mornings.

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Yes I'm not sure of this either. Can someone confirm? It tracks your moment while you sleep and wakes you up in the lightest cycle? In real-time? Or based on an average of data manipulated with their "complex algorithms"?

I don't understand how if it does track your movement/sync in real time durin sleep, it doesn't "sync" wirelessly!

The band has its own microcontroller which monitors your movements. It knows when you want to wake up because you sync'd it previously with this information. Then 30 minutes before the wake time it waits until your movements indicate you're in a lighter sleep, and wakes you up with vibration.

rollsroyce442

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
Fremont, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wouldn't this have been the perfect candidate for Bluetooth 4.0 or whatever they are calling it these days. I guess then it would only work with the 4s.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
It tracks your moment while you sleep and wakes you up in the lightest cycle?

To be honest, it sounds like one of those ideas that sound awesome in theory, but barely work in practice. I can't imagine that an analysis of your arm movements would be enough to make good assumptions about the phase of sleep you're in.

I hope I'm wrong about this though. I'd love to be vibrated out of sleep at just the right time...

leontief

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
To be honest, it sounds like one of those ideas that sound awesome in theory, but barely work in practice. I can't imagine that an analysis of your arm movements would be enough to make good assumptions about the phase of sleep you're in.

I hope I'm wrong about this though.

You don't think your pulse and heart beat latency could be used for this?

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
I'm sure they could –*they aren't though?!

This has been done many times before the "Up". There are alarm clocks with wristbands from many major brands with this feature and the app stores are full of apps like that.
I personally owned an alarm clock like this and I think it helpef! Though the placebo effect is often underestimated...

kasei

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
This looks quite interesting and I'll have to pick one up. I am curious to see how often this device is updated by Jawbone and the new features they will introduce.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just bought one from the apple store in slc. I'll let you know what I think

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008

Did they have any XL sized ones in the store? Says coming soon on their site for that size and according to their sizing chart I'd need to probably go with that. I'm just over 15cm (15.32cm) and it says if you're between then to go with the larger size.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008

They only had small, medium, and large and they were only in black.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008

brainles71 said:
No international delivery. Not available on Apple Store online in Australia.

No sale.

If you really want it look for mail forwarding companies that will ship to Aus... here are a few:

http://www.shipito.com/
http://www.myus.com
https://bongous.com
http://www.comgateway.com

I want to know how long its buzzes for if you dont wake up! Is there a chance for you to be buzzed again?

It's constantly buzzed to wake you up. It won't stop until you take it out of sleep mode by holding the button on the wristband. It's actually a surprisingly strong vibrate, woke me up almost instantly.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
So the Apple store at Garden State Plaza in New Jersey says they have them right now... uh... gonna go down there over lunch and see.

Either way, this is readily available at the retailers listed as of Sunday and I was able to confirm with Jawbone that brick-and-mortar is the way to go at first. Their shipping from Jawbone.com will take a minimum of 4-6 weeks.

I'm excited! :D

iphoneg33k

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008

Well any update on how it's going on this? I was thinking of buying one myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.