Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
which do you prefer?

Hard to say. The Embody is thermally warmer but has a better arm rest design. I prefer the seat pan on the Embody. However, I like the back on the Aeron better.

@Uofmtiger: Regarding the Eames lounge chair -- I am 6'2" and the chair is clearly designed for someone shorter than me, though I can sit in it comfortably with a pillow support. If you're 6'5", you'd definitely hate yourself if you bought the chair to sit in. I bought the chair knowing this but I don't sit in it very often, no more than 6 hours a week. I've always loved the look of the chair, so I bought it half for the art.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Hard to say. The Embody is thermally warmer but has a better arm rest design. I prefer the seat pan on the Embody. However, I like the back on the Aeron better.

@Uofmtiger: Regarding the Eames lounge chair -- I am 6'2" and the chair is clearly designed for someone shorter than me, though I can sit in it comfortably with a pillow support. If you're 6'5", you'd definitely hate yourself if you bought the chair to sit in. I bought the chair knowing this but I don't sit in it very often, no more than 6 hours a week. I've always loved the look of the chair, so I bought it half for the art.
Thanks for the info on the Eames. It had to function as a chair, so I guess I made the right choice. I do love the looks, though. Easily my favorite chair...when looks are concerned.

One of the main reasons I wanted an Aeron for work is that it stays cool. The ladies that share my temperature control, unfortunately, like it hotter than I do.

Last edited:

maxjon955

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
Austraila
Office Chairs

2201211230525338_bc49af3e365a8c8203ef965e889d4116Coronet-MB-Armchair.jpg

We are use this chair it is very comfortable.

Biggs88

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2012
mujwc3.jpg

Staples store brand chair. got it for $35 on sale with a 25% off coupon.

Very comfortable.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I don't understand really. Is my iPhone 5's camera faulty or something, takes such a crappy pictures, my iPhone 4's was better.

Anyway, IKEA chair. Paid not that a lot but it was expensive, over a £100.

img0780bh.jpg

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Aeron, same as the on below:

hero_aeron_work_1.jpg

Love the polished aluminum. Soon to be married with my Airia desk... Can't wait.

CJS7070

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Aeron. I haven't tried the Embody or Mirra or any other Herman Miller chairs, but I'm pretty satisfied with my Aeron. Got it on Craigslist a few years ago for a couple hundred dollars.

hm_aeron_graphite3.jpg

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
my aeron chair came over the weekend... my butt is nice and comfy for the most part. Does anyone else's seat wiggle a little bit if lets your pulling it in to sit not when seated; if that makes sense...
Finally managed to take a pic.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,773

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
my aeron chair came over the weekend... my butt is nice and comfy for the most part. Does anyone else's seat wiggle a little bit if lets your pulling it in to sit not when seated; if that makes sense...
If you are talking about the fact that the seat will move up and down a bit..mine does that.

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA

The upper part of the chair is supported solely by that center shock piece, so it will wiggle around a little. This is totally normal - no need for concern.

I think you'll be happy with this chair. I've had an Aeron at work and one at home for the past 10 years or so and have been really happy with them.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
If you are talking about the fact that the seat will move up and down a bit..mine does that.

The upper part of the chair is supported solely by that center shock piece, so it will wiggle around a little. This is totally normal - no need for concern.

I think you'll be happy with this chair. I've had an Aeron at work and one at home for the past 10 years or so and have been really happy with them.

I'm happy with it, it's very comfortable, i just noticed that the bottom where your butt goes wiggles (up and down) if i try to jiggle it like a bolt is loose. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if someone at the factory just didn't turn the screw one more time.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Here's my work chair - Herman Miller Embody. I'm 6'5, 245 lbs, so I needed a chair with a high back. I worked with my employer's Herman Miller reps to try out a few chair models before finally deciding on this one - I love it!

Attachments

• Photo Dec 05, 4 27 46 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 05, 4 27 46 PM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 350

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Currently on an Eames Aluminum Group EA 117 by Vitra in black hopsak: (fabric)

Comfortable, and blends in very well in my home office.

I want. How comfortable are they over long periods of time? When I'm buried under work I could spend the best part of the day at my desk.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Here's my work chair - Herman Miller Embody. I'm 6'5, 245 lbs, so I needed a chair with a high back. I worked with my employer's Herman Miller reps to try out a few chair models before finally deciding on this one - I love it!

I've wanted one for such a long time but I never pull the trigger .. I need a chair with good support and high quality .. No more staples chairs

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
I want. How comfortable are they over long periods of time? When I'm buried under work I could spend the best part of the day at my desk.

I'm a freelance graphic artist and a student so I spent almost my entire day in that chair. Despite the lack of adjustability I find it to be very comfortable.
Comes down to the way it has been designed with the fabric stretched between the frame.

Last a long time too, in my other home office I have one that's 30+ years old.

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
Ergohuman chair.

wSISA.jpg

Very comfortable, highly adjustable and good lumbar support.
Thank you, Ergohuman, from the bottom of my... bottom.

dmax35

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
My grand prix chair on order

Attachments

• chair-b.jpg
    chair-b.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,170
  • chair-detail.jpg
    chair-detail.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 259

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Aeron. I haven't tried the Embody or Mirra or any other Herman Miller chairs, but I'm pretty satisfied with my Aeron. Got it on Craigslist a few years ago for a couple hundred dollars.

I have the same one at work. I just have a generic leather office chair at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.