Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Okay, I need the logic board replaced on my late 2007 book, and my screen doesnt power on, so I need new hinges, and the wiring fixed for it to power on. The computer itself does come on, I just cant see whats on it. I also would like new casing since most of the plastic around the computer has broken off. Anyone had a similar problem? How much was everything to repair including labor at the apple sote or elsewhere?
I am considering fixing it still because I love my little computer and/or buy another one. I have been mainly in the air section getting information

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Lmao.. Yea, Ive been hearing that. I just love the white case. Just thought I'd get an idea of pricing. I was going to maybe just fix the screen part, keep it, and get the air.

kaydot

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
Okay, I need the logic board replaced on my late 2007 book, and my screen doesnt power on, so I need new hinges, and the wiring fixed for it to power on. The computer itself does come on, I just cant see whats on it. I also would like new casing since most of the plastic around the computer has broken off. Anyone had a similar problem? How much was everything to repair including labor at the apple sote or elsewhere?
I am considering fixing it still because I love my little computer and/or buy another one. I have been mainly in the air section getting information

I have the exact same situation + a dead battery and have done a bit of research. The case replacement is typically free due to Crackbook issues.
The logic board replacement or inverter replacement, whichever the cause of your black screen, is in the realm of $350 USD. Personally, I have my computer hooked up to an external monitor and am patiently waiting for a 2012 Macbook Pro refresh, but am not sure I will be able to wait that long.

I have actually noticed that this computer (mid 2007 Macbook) is starting to show it's age. It struggles with 1080p video (which makes sense since it's max res is well less than 1080p). It similarly has issues rendering Netflix streaming, frequently overheating and dropping frames after a few hours of streaming. It surfs and writes email with the best of them, though.

However, I agree with most posters here. A 2007 laptop is a 4 year old laptop. If this were a PC, there would be no question that it's time for a replacement. Time will only tell what will break next.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Well everything worked before I dropped it, and it had some oil damage (I knocked some olive/castor oil on the keys.) I'm getting ready to head to the apple store. I will keep you posted.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Wirelessly posted (Verizon iPhone 4: Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.22931/26.1069; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Yea... The best thing for you to do is get a new Mac. If you still like the white casing Apple has them in the refurb section on their online store. Or if you want the same model just look on eBay. I'm pretty sure you can get a nice price off there. They shouldn't be too expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.