Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sguzinski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
South Windsor, Connecticut
Is there any way I can put the native Android OS on my iPod touch 4th generation without? BTW I'm running iOS 5.0.1, and my battery still sucks. Have you heard of any ways to help save battery life? Help is appreciated! Thanks :)

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
when u jb there is app (forget the name) that sort of makes it like android

can't help u with the battery issues though

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Native Android on iDevices is possible, but only on older ones at this time. And on those older devices, Android has very, very bad battery life. I'm talking 2 hours max.

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
As I know the newest generation of iPod Touch can not install Android on it because of the hardware.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Agreeing with above, dreamboard is nice for android you can also download other themes like I saw a windows 7 theme.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Is there any way I can put the native Android OS on my iPod touch 4th generation without? BTW I'm running iOS 5.0.1, and my battery still sucks. Have you heard of any ways to help save battery life? Help is appreciated! Thanks :)

What's funny is that you want to install Android to get better battery life. As someone who has had 3 different Android phones, battery life was far worse on any of those phones than on my new iPhone 4S (which supposedly has "battery issues").

You want battery issues, leave iOS and go Android.... iOS is like nirvana in comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.