Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesLJ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
Champlin, MN
Is there a way to merge my phone number and Apple ID for using iMessage on my iPhone and my iPad and have both devices show the full text of the conversation?

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
No way to have your iPad send iMessages from your phone number, but you can have your iPhone send iMessages from your email address. On your iPhone, go into Settings>Messages and on the CallerID option have it send from your email address instead of your phone number. if your iPad is sending from the same email address your messages should come in and be sent from both devices.

brueck

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Anyone know when Apple is going to merge icloud emails and phone numbers?
In the keynote they mentioned "Phone number and Apple ID merging." Does this mean this will be implemented in Mountain Lion or in iOS 6? If iOS 6, I guess will Mountain Lion users have to wait until the release of iOS 6 to get this feature.

Daysight

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2011
No way to have your iPad send iMessages from your phone number, but you can have your iPhone send iMessages from your email address. On your iPhone, go into Settings>Messages and on the CallerID option have it send from your email address instead of your phone number. if your iPad is sending from the same email address your messages should come in and be sent from both devices.
I don't see a "Caller ID" option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.