Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bfranz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Phoenix
If you have some older crap files or live recordings like I did, you can download a program called Audacity and reencode the files at 128 kbps and update iTunes Match and it will read the files.

1. Download Audacity here
  2. Open Audacity, then file open the song in question
  3. Click file export, then save the file either in a new location or replace the existing file.
  4. Make sure the new 128 kbps version is in iTunes (use the Summary tab in Get Info to make sure bit rate says 129 kbps)
  5. In the Store menu in iTunes select Update iTunes Match

Good luck!

blucey

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
Right clicking on the track in iTunes and selecting "Create AAC Version" followed by an Update iTunes Match off the menu did the trick for me.

bfranz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Phoenix
Right clicking on the track in iTunes and selecting "Create AAC Version" followed by an Update iTunes Match off the menu did the trick for me.

Well played sir. My iTunes was still set to import using the mp3 encoder, once I switched back to AAC this worked like a charm.

Reactions: jagooch

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
If the songs are mono you will have to set the encoder to at least 192k because they will come out half that bitrate. iTunes Match should account for this but doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.