Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I downgraded my early 2011 MBP from Lion to Snow Leopard. It was a pain, but long story short, I used target disk mode to install it on the hard drive and perform the necessary 10.6.8 upgrade.

Then I migrated all my files and folders using Time Machine. Everything worked great, until I went to create a boot camp partition. I got this error:

bootcamp.png

Can't figure out why, as my TM backup was from a Snow Leopard computer, and I completely formatted the new computer's hard drive before installing Snow Leopard. There shouldn't be any Lion anything left behind.

So here's my question - where can I download a Snow Leopard copy of BCA? I don't have a Snow Leopard disk, I use a disc image on an external drive, and I couldn't find a copy of the BootCamp.pkg anywhere in the install files. I tried googling and couldn't find anything except BootCampESD.pkg, which pretends to install but never shows up under Utilities.

I know this is long/specific, but if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful. I'm dying to play Skyrim. Thanks in advance.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.