Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbietaylor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
Do albums take up space? Or does iOS just take the pictures from the camera roll and put them in an album that takes almost no space?

If you understand me please help.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Do albums take up space? Or does iOS just take the pictures from the camera roll and put them in an album that takes almost no space?

All of the pictures you take will go to the camera roll. Then you manually need to transfer them to another album.

A album that is empty takes up virtually no space.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

All photos reside in the Camera Roll.

Albums, the photos within albums are only virtual pointers to photos that are located in Camera Roll, they are not duplicates. And if you delete the one in the Camera Roll, so is the one in the Album.

Albums take up an irrelevant amount of storage.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
All photos reside in the Camera Roll.

Albums, the photos within albums are only virtual pointers to photos that are located in Camera Roll, they are not duplicates. And if you delete the one in the Camera Roll, so is the one in the Album.

Albums take up an irrelevant amount of storage.

This is the only flaw in the new create an album feature. If you move the photo from the camera to the album it shouldn't stay in the camera roll.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
This is the only flaw in the new create an album feature. If you move the photo from the camera to the album it shouldn't stay in the camera roll.
1. It's not a flaw, it's an intended design choice.
2. Nothing in the controls indicates a move, it says 'Add to...'.

It's much like Gmail labels, you apply labels. It appears in the label-folders, but it also still remains in the inbox.

No, it's not like your desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.