Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

fcplogo-150x150.jpg

Apple has released an update to Final Cut Pro X, taking it to version 10.0.2.
What's new in version 10.0.2:

- Fixes an issue in which a title may revert to the default font after restarting Final Cut Pro X
- Resolves an issue that could cause files recorded with certain third-party mobile devices to play back incorrectly
- Addresses a stability issue caused by changing the start time on a Compound Clip
This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X. For more information, visit www.apple.com/finalcutpro.
Final Cut Pro is available for $299.99 on the Mac App Store [Direct Link].

Article Link: Apple Releases Final Cut Pro 10.0.2 Update

mentholiptus

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
I love how people who have "moved on" still drop in to complain.

I just sold my copy of FCS3 and picked up FCPX last month. I love it. Runs smooth as silk with large files on my 2011 3.4ghz QC iMac (with 12gb of RAM & SSD).

Jwood2313

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well, so it should on specs like that.

mactree

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
It's part of a software trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find.

ender21

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Southern Cal
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

mactree said:
It's part of a software trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find.

Simple, lines intertwining.

What's it called?

mactree

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Simple, lines intertwining.

What's it called?

Yes, just something I've been fooling around with. I call this one LMLP-X.

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
Hmm, media composer 6 (student version) is the same price as X.
I always liked FCP better, but it's a tough choice.
6 is dual platform...so there's that.

Anyone have both/opinions?

I'm excited to see what cs6's premiere brings to the table.
Saw the Pluraleyes-like multi-clip syncing...coool

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I already worked a lot with FCPX and found that it is really buggy. What I am surprised that those bugs didn't get addressed in this update. That is a bug that causes all Events saved on an external drive to disappear und the other one is that stabilization simply doesn't work with some type of video files. Both bugs are documented and reported by many in Apples discussion forums They cost me 4 days when trying to find fixes and workarounds. I still haven't found a way to get stabilization to work even so there are plenty of workarounds which work for some described in Apples discussion forums.

moofgoot

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2009
In 5 months we get 2 tiny updates fixing a handful of minor problems.

I'm an optimist, so I'm going to chalk this down to limited resources prepping for a really big, awesome update ('pro' or otherwise).

Or they're still snowed under trying to read all my crash reports from the first week.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
What I'm surprised at is that since I switched to Premiere Pro CS5, I don't ever have to render anything and everything is extremely responsive and the performance is amazing. This was not the case on FCP 7 and FCP X still requires rendering, albeit in the background. FCP X's interface is really laggy compared to Premiere, yet you can do so much more with the latter...

zed

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Didn't fix the problem I'm having where I have to run FCPX in a separate user account to get it to show video on the canvas :mad:

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
This might be really dumb, but how do I get it to update? I went into the App Store on my computer, signed in, and it says all my apps are up-to-date. That's clearly not the case, as Final Cut Pro X is still version 10.0 for me. Is there a trick here that I'm missing?

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
Hmm, media composer 6 (student version) is the same price as X.

Typically the reason the student version is so cheap is you're contractually obligated by the EULA to NOT use it to make money, period. If you plan on using it to tmake any money, even on the side, go Final Cut.

In 5 months we get 2 tiny updates fixing a handful of minor problems.

Adding XML support was pretty rad and a direct response to customer demand. That pretty much cured it for me (I don't need multi-monitor out after all) other than the ability to send audio to SOMETHING else for editing. Still have Soundtrack Pro for that very reason.

This might be really dumb, but how do I get it to update? I went into the App Store on my computer, signed in, and it says all my apps are up-to-date. That's clearly not the case, as Final Cut Pro X is still version 10.0 for me. Is there a trick here that I'm missing?

Make sure you're signed in to the right account?

tarproductions

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
San Diego, CA
Happy to see the continued support & development. I really enjoy this software and in time it's going to be great as more developers sign on.

Make sure you have the minimum requirements as far as hardware is concerned. I wasn't able to update to 10.0.1 until I upgraded my video card.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
These kinds of things upset me. Then I remember that I have a pirated copy and I feel a little better.

I have to say that these bugs really upset me as well quite a bit because they cost me sooo much time. Much more then the cost of the application. I should write a bill to Apple asking for paying my time dealing with these bugs.

What upsets me even more is that apparently they didn't address them. Stabilization not working? What is that. Worked great in FCP 6 and 7 and even iMovie.

econgeek

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Too late, I already switched to Premiere & After Effects.

Why would you switch to two really crappy programs that make it a total pain to get things done? Oh, I know... your paychecks come from Adobe.

What I'm surprised at is that since I switched to Premiere Pro CS5, I don't ever have to render anything and everything is extremely responsive and the performance is amazing.

You know, once you cash that paycheck and spend the money, its gone, but your integrity, and honor, they are ruined forever.

I have to say that these bugs really upset me as well quite a bit because they cost me sooo much time. ... Stabilization not working? What is that. Worked great in FCP 6 and 7 and even iMovie.

Stabilization's working fine. Plus the 100 other great features that didn't exist in FCP 7 or iMovie.

Hows that FUD job working out? Is the pay good?

I couldn't agree more. At least they are still working on it and haven't thrown it to the side and letting it rot away.

One thing I've learned from being an Apple customer for nearly 30 years: Apple keeps its promises.

The FUDsters and the bashers will, every time Apple releases a new product, go screaming at the top of their lungs how Apple is horrible, and how Apple is betraying their users, and how Apple has just released the WORST PRODUCT EVER!

And then a few years, of course, when that product proves to be a huge success, they've moved on to bitching about another Apple product.

These same people bitched about the move to PowerPC.
They bitched about the iMac.
They bitched about the iPod.
They bitched about the move to intel.
They said the iPhone was going to be a huge failure.
They said the iPad was just a big iPhone.
They even bitched about OS X, if you can believe it.

And of course, back when final cut pro was first introduced, you know what they said?

They said "pros will never use this, its a toy!"

Seriously.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Quick workaround on installing is to delete the original and then hit App Store and download latest.
Doesnt screw up any pref.
I had to do this with the 10.0.1 but not with 10.0.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.